The Lift Is Finally ON!

AkPrecision

Thanks AK. So your tire diameter is almost 33 inches (like 32.7 or so), and mine are 30.5 Inches. So if I divide that difference by 2, and subtract it from your higher estimate of 6' 2.75", I should have an inch to spare if I leave the racks on. My doesn't haves rear spoiler either so if I remove the racks I should clear by 3" or more.

I think it's safe enough to roll the dice on, although it would really suck to have to pull it back off!

Thanks AK. So your tire diameter is almost 33 inches (like 32.7 or so), and mine are 30.5 Inches. So if I divide that difference by 2, and subtract it from your higher estimate of 6' 2.75", I should have an inch to spare if I leave the racks on. My doesn't haves rear spoiler either so if I remove the racks I should clear by 3" or more.

I think it's safe enough to roll the dice on, although it would really suck to have to pull it back off!

All you would need to do is find ways to lower the rear temporarily. You have a few easier options than pulling the rack:

Deflate the tires a little and crawl out

Borrow/find two wheels/tires (or donuts) from an older 2wd Frontier/HB (stocks were 26")

Load up the rear with heavy stuff

Compress the springs a little using ratchet straps to draw the axle closer to the chassis (take precautions here)

You can obviously do these up front, too (except loading it up), but only if you need more clearance. Good luck.

All you would need to do is find ways to lower the rear temporarily. You have a few easier options than pulling the rack:

Deflate the tires a little and crawl out

Borrow/find two wheels/tires (or donuts) from an older 2wd Frontier/HB (stocks were 26")

Load up the rear with heavy stuff

Compress the springs a little using ratchet straps to draw the axle closer to the chassis (take precautions here)

You can obviously do these up front, too (except loading it up), but only if you need more clearance. Good luck.

Yeah but I'm not doing that every day! That would get very old...I think it will clear based on the stock height specs, my calculations, and based off the info that ak has given. The question will be whether or not the rack has to come off.

Yeah but I'm not doing that every day! That would get very old...I think it will clear based on the stock height specs, my calculations, and based off the info that ak has given. The question will be whether or not the rack has to come off.

Ah, sorry, I thought "garage at work" meant the shop where you work and was doing the install at. I was trying to figure out what kind of shop had such a low garage! Guess you mean the parking garage where you work. My bad.

Edited by hawairish

When i did mine it was 80 or so with a nice cross breeze out here in cali lol. I would definitely get some mechanixwear gloves or something thick. Busting a knuckle when it is cold really sucks. But again dont forget i have a 175 pound weight in my trunk area so im sure it sagged it down a little. So my mmeasurement could be off by a 1/2"-1"

Yeah I'll be wearing gloves 3 shirts and a ski mask haha. I too have a fairly heavy sub in the back as well as an additionally 50lbs of safety gear so I imagine we are similar. Also I sourced the springs used so the initial break in period should be over I hope(in other words they should already have sagged to their specd height).

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/138822-R50-Pathfinder-Progression-Trip-Thread

Rather than cross posting between forums and hijacking your thread further, I thought i'd just clip the link to my build/trip thread over on expedition portal. Long story short, it went about as well as could be expected and the lift is on. Has HORRIBLE positive camber currently but i'm hoping that will get resolved tomorrow with the alignment.

My measurements have me clearing with the roof racks on by about 3/4-1", but I may remove them just to be safe for my drive to work on monday and then can measure from the top of the car to the concrete bar. It is surprisingly difficult to measure a car's height!

I had really bad camber also. I got camber bolts for $20 each from pep boys and then did the alignment. If you have spacers stacked on top you will probably need them

Am: did you do anything with your rear brake line? I was able to install everything just fine without messing with it, but it seems like under severe flex particularly with the left wheel dropped it could be strained. For that reason alone I left the rear sway bar on still as that prevented too much droop.

Oh yeah, I've got camber bolts in the top mounting point already, so I'm hoping they can straighten it all up for me.

Thanks again