Auto Locking doors

daczone

I know the locks are connected to the timer in the rear of the pathfinder... but what exactly is the purpose of the auto locking doors. And it is easy to disable?

I knew it would happen... and today I locked my keys in the ignition while I was working on it. Luckily I was home and grabbed the spare. But I've decided I don't care for my locks to have a mind of their own. I am capable of locking my doors when I need to. :lol:

I resoldered everything and that's how I got my locks to work (They didn't work at all when I first got it).

When I first start the Pathfinder the doors will lock. When I turn the key off they unlock.

Yeah I couldn't find anything in the manual about these weird locks. So I have a bad timer? Are my doors ever suppose to autolock?

The factory alarm has been removed. Hmmm maybe my aftermarket alarm is doing it.

Ahh... Maybe, Although the default is Passive Arming.

FEATURE DEFAULT LED ON SETTINGS LED OFF SETTINGS

NUMBER (PRESS TRANSMITTER BUTTON I) (PRESS TRANSMITTER BUTTON II)

1 Active Arming Passive Arming

2 Confirmation Chirps ON Confirmation Chirps OFF

3 Ignition-Controlled Ignition-controlled

Door Lock/Unlock ON Door Lock/Unlock OFF

4 Active Locking Passive Locking

5 0.8-second Door Lock Pulse Duration 3.5-second Door Lock Pulse Duration

6 Double Pulse Unlock OFF Double Pulse Unlock ON

7 Code Hopping Technology ON Code HoppingTechnology OFF

NOTE: Factory defaults are indicated in bold type.

1 ACTIVE/PASSIVE ARMING: When active arming is selected, the system will only arm when the transmitter is

used. When set to passive, the system will arm automatically 30 seconds after the last door is closed. Passive

arming is indicated by the rapid flashing of the LED when the last protected entry point is closed.

4 ACTIVE/PASSIVE LOCKING: If passive arming is selected in Feature 1, then the system can be programmed

to either lock the doors when passive arming occurs, or only lock the doors when the system is armed with the

transmitter. Active locking means the system will not lock the doors when it passively arms. Passive locking

means that the system will lock the doors when it passively arms.

Reminds me of a story I heard a while back. Some US agents in Mexico got stopped and surrounded by cartel guys, put their armored SUV in park, and the doors auto-unlocked. :doh:

Turns out armor's a little less effective when the enemy can just open the door.

Edited by Slartibartfast