2" spacers or ac coils and spacer?

AkPrecision

Im in between what to do right now. Fluerys says his 2" spacers give 2.5" of lift. But ac coils says 2" and people stack a spacer on top so that would be 3"? Does any one know the amount of total lift gained from each? Obviously over time the coils will sag where the spacers wont. What about 2.5" in spacers? Would that be to much for the cv? I plan on doing either of these and running 33s and do a bit of trimming. I need to fit 33s but keep a low center of gravity but 3"s would be near perfect. Any help or opinion is appreciated.

Mike

I never measured mine with the AC coils and AC strut spacer , but when "fresh" there is more than 2" rear and 3" front lift .

As a disclaimer though , my coils were 17 years old and sagging pretty good before I changed them .

Looking at it 10,000 miles later , especially when parked next to a stock height R50 , I'd say the 2" rear and 3" front claims are pretty accurate .

I fit 32 x 11.5 STT's on 3.75" backspaced wheels with no trimming , just had to remove the mud flaps on the flares , but I do get some rubbing in reverse or full lock forward turns .

I had some CV issues that have gone away since the front settled .

I'd consider the difference in ride quality between spacers and AC coils more so than the lift attained .

AC coils are stiff and remain so after settling , kinda bone jarring at times .

They also seem to alleviate any body roll through corners , with the center of gravity still at a point where it doesn't ever feel "tippy" .

Spacers and stock coils should give you a much softer ride but with the added height and softer springs I can't say how it might handle around corners .

I never measured mine with the AC coils and AC strut spacer , but when "fresh" there is more than 2" rear and 3" front lift .

As a disclaimer though , my coils were 17 years old and sagging pretty good before I changed them .

Looking at it 10,000 miles later , especially when parked next to a stock height R50 , I'd say the 2" rear and 3" front claims are pretty accurate .

I fit 32 x 11.5 STT's on 3.75" backspaced wheels with no trimming , just had to remove the mud flaps on the flares , but I do get some rubbing in reverse or full lock forward turns .

I had some CV issues that have gone away since the front settled .

I'd consider the difference in ride quality between spacers and AC coils more so than the lift attained .

AC coils are stiff and remain so after settling , kinda bone jarring at times .

They also seem to alleviate any body roll through corners , with the center of gravity still at a point where it doesn't ever feel "tippy" .

Spacers and stock coils should give you a much softer ride but with the added height and softer springs I can't say how it might handle around corners .

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking pf doing fluerys 2" front spacers which give 2.5" lift and no sag. And do ac coils in the rear. Stiffer is ok because i have a large system back there. And it sags. If i have any passengers it will hit bump stops over bumps. What do you think of doing 2.5" spacers? If the math is right it will be just over 3" up front. To much? Especially since you said you had cv issues until it settles.

I'm running IronMan springs (35mm front lift- 50mm rear) as well as 2 on inch strut spacers (1 Fleurys and 1 NX4) when on jack stands at full droop my CVs bind, driving around town everything is fine. I'll be doing a 2" Sub Frame Drop come spring to fix the problem. as well as longer brake lines.

P1070097_zpsd9c58ca4.jpg

running 31x10.5x15 Treadwright Guard Dog tires

Last month I helped a buddy install Fleury's 1" spacers above the struts on his QX4. With the wheels off the ground, the CVs bind but can still rotate. Under severe conditions off-road when the axles are flexed, the CVs could break. Under the same circumstances, using 2" spacers will prevent the CVs from rotating, and they will break apart.

A couple of weeks ago, I installed 1/2" spacers above the strut along with my old 2" AC lift, which was sagging, and I have no issues with my CV axles. For me, this is critical since I drive over pretty rough terrain, and I don't run any sway-bars.