R50 pre 08/2000 coil pack VQ

AkPrecision

Just letting you guys know that rock auto has our oe coil packs (hitachi) for #1 $45 and #2-#6 for $41. I just had a cylinder 2 misfire so i got all 6 new ngk laser platinum plugs and all 6 coil packs for under $300. Not to shabby!

Cool, I see multiple listed which part #s did you get for your 2001? The build date on mine is 8/00.

I use part #IGC0025 for cylinders 2-6 and #IGC0022 for cylinder 1. They are grey packs the black ones wont work on our motors. It will also to 08/2000. Dont buy if it says from 08/2000. Just did ngk double platinum plugs and hitachi packs. I have quite a bit of increased power and it runs so smoothly now. P.o used cheap plugs and cheap packs and they were all done. I wish i would have done this a long time ago. I rarely break 2300 rpm so i believe i should get more mileage. I used to hit up to 3400 rpm to get up to speed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use part #IGC0025 for cylinders 2-6 and #IGC0022 for cylinder 1. They are grey packs the black ones wont work on our motors. It will also to 08/2000. Dont buy if it says from 08/2000. Just did ngk double platinum plugs and hitachi packs. I have quite a bit of increased power and it runs so smoothly now. P.o used cheap plugs and cheap packs and they were all done. I wish i would have done this a long time ago. I rarely break 2300 rpm so i believe i should get more mileage. I used to hit up to 3400 rpm to get up to speed

Just wanted to verify those were the correct part numbers for my 8/00 build-date Pathy with the 3.5L VQ motor. I ordered one #1 coil and one #2-6 as spares. I installed the new ones this weekend and the old-but-working coils are now in the spares box in the trunk. Thanks again AkPrecision!

• Like 1

Just wanted to verify those were the correct part numbers for my 8/00 build-date Pathy with the 3.5L VQ motor. I ordered one #1 coil and one #2-6 as spares. I installed the new ones this weekend and the old-but-working coils are now in the spares box in the trunk. Thanks again AkPrecision!

No problem stioc!! Anything to help a fellow pathy owner