diff ratio confirmation

12A

Ran into a bit of an obsticle with my front diff lately. The crown wheel had a damaged tooth when I pulled her apart and fit my lokka. Seeing as it was still functional before hand (although not ideal) I decided to still fit the lokka and leave it for a couple months before replacing it. Issue is the lokka fitment must of upset her a little so she's locked up on the crown wheel and pinion. Without removing and counting my cw pin teeth and working out the gear ratio, is there a standard ratio fitted to the fronts? She's a 1990 2 door 5sp z24 with r180/h233b. Car is a bit away from me so hoping there is a simple way for me to work this out and get another diff before I get to the car next.

I'm assuming it's the 4.3 seeing as that's the common one.

Thanks.

On NA models there is a plate on the RH inner fender well next to the firewall.

WD21_NA_DiffRatio.jpg

Here is a pic of mine and my ratios is identified as HG43, so my trucks diff ration is 4.3 front and back.

I don't know if it is the same for the Z24's or Diesels but the rules here for VG30's is factory equipped 5sp's have 4.3 and Auto's have 4.63 (I believe that is the correct ratio)

Few rules apply apparently... :shrug:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/20182-wd21-owners-what-drive-trainmodel-trim-do-you-have/?mode=show

I'd really go by the placard in the engine compartment and not make any guesses.

Maybe call a local dealership and see if there was more than one gear ratio even available for a 1990 2 door 5sp z24 with r180/h233b.

They might be able to run the VIN as well, Alkorahil in Texas can... :shrug:

B

Yeah. Too easy. Thanks fellas. Just needed a bit of confirmation there are multiple ratios available for my model type or not.

Looks like I'll have to get the replacement diff during the week instead of doing it today.

Precise, that list doesnt show the 4.1. Nor does anything else on the internet. My 86.5 V6 HB has a HG41. I would have to find an old pathy brochure to see if it listed for the pathy too. It is in small print at the bottom of one of the pages in the hardbody brochure for 86.5. Ill look an see if NICO has the pathy brochure.

Edit: Only the 4.3 and 4.6 shown in the 88 brochure. Guess the ratios didnt cross over to the HB.

Edited by deerhurst

4.1:1 aye. That would be nice when I do the engine swap.

Got my brother to send me a pic of my plate. She has 4.8s in her and should have the replacement diff turn up tomorrow.

Thanks fellas.