Drip Drip Drip

nige

I went out this morning and saw a small puddle (egg yolk size) of coolant underneath the truck. Upon closer inspection, it seems as though it's coming off the muffler -?? I checked all the hoses around the radiator and tried to have a peek at the underside of the body above the muffler, but i cant locate the source of the leak. I have been in the south here for 4 days now, but I don't think the drastic temp change would have anything to do with it. Does anyone have any advice or other areas of the cooling system I could check that might be the culprit of this leak?

I can not fathom how bad a coolant leak has to be to have the antifrezze leak out the muffler. If the truck will not run hardly at all then maybe. I have a head leak so bad that the cylinder filled with coolant when the truck was not running, but it never traveled back the exhaust system.

make sure you post when you find the cause

It's not comning out of the tailpipe, it's more so condesation on the outside of the muffler. I checked the pavement again this morning and nothing... The coolant level is fine and the engine doesn't blow the white smoke associated with burning coolant so I doubt that a cracked block is the culprit. I'll still keep poking around for leaks.

b.t.w., it's sunny and 23 c in sarasota right now :P

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Um, dude, I hate to state the obvious, but are you sure you didn't just inherit the puddle of coolant from the last car that parked there? How is your coolant level? There's no way you're driving this truck if its screwed up enough to be dumping coolant out the back. ;) On a 2nd thought, run it around, then park for the night in a spot you make sure is clean and clear. You may even spread out some paper towels or newspaper underneath, as they'll collect anything that falls and will shrivel up at the point of contact/leak.

Well this morning it was only a couple of drops, so I don't think it's anything major. The coolant level has remained the same so i figure it's just condesation on the muffler. I just don't know what causes it to turn green.

taste it. (yea yea... I know... YUK) Just touch a bit to your tongue. If it's sweet, it's coolant. A little bit won't hurt you, just don't drink a cup of it. How it got to the rear of the truck baffles me.

taste it. (yea yea... I know... YUK) Just touch a bit to your tongue. If it's sweet, it's coolant. A little bit won't hurt you, just don't drink a cup of it. How it got to the rear of the truck baffles me.

I was waiting for someone to say that hahahah I wasn't gonna be the first that's for sure -alcohol-

it's on the outside housing of the muffler. Not out of the tailpipe, nor from cracked flanges leading into or out of the muffler. I know the truck isn't burning coolant, so I seriously doubt it's something as major as a cracked head. It's not doing it today so it may have been some condesation on the muffler and for some reason it turned green when reacting with the metal. Who knows. I'm in florida right now and maybe that's what it does to everyones car. Nevertheless, i'm going to the beach talk to you later.

i can't believe you haven't checked your fluids for mixing yet... that'll answer the question weather you cracked anything or not... you must be leaking somewhere otherwise you wouldn't have the green stuff on the muffler... and no not all vehicles in FL do that...