My pathfinder won't start. Need Help!

steki87

Are the headlights as bright as normal? What voltage at the battery with no lights/ignition on?

It could be at the ignition switch, the starter relay on the passenger fender, connections, etc.

Check the battery voltage, the physical connections, the ground where it ties into the body/frame, remove the relay/check contacts/tap it and reinstall.

Do one thing at a time, trying to start it in between. That way if something changes, you know what affected it.

Do you have a multimeter or 12v test light?

B

Another thing to add is your fusible link is near the positive terminal on your battery there should be a couple of white color wires there. Look for something that is fried. I had an electrician look at mine and he pulled on a wire and it snapped like a piece of lead. That's the sign of a fried wire, the filaments in the wire cook and bond together like a piece of melted lead. Fusible link wire can be bought at any electronics store or hardware store.

I would start with the battery connections. If they're corroded/loose, pop them off, clean the posts and clamps, put them back together with some dielectric grease (or whatever grease is handy) and see if that doesn't do the trick. I've seen a car where everything seemed to work but the lights went out if you tried to start it (and no sound from the starter), and the positive terminal was so loose it wiggled and sparked when I messed with it. Started right up with the clamp re-tightened.

• 4 weeks later...