looking for ipod aux install, how to hook up 3.5mm hookup?

ONCEBITN

What you'll most likely have to do is get some sort of adapter that plugs into some sort of accessory, like an CD changer or similar (if you have anything else) and then it takes the 3.5 signal and sends it out like a CD, so you just sent your radio to CD, and it will play thinking its a CD. I did this on a buddies 05' accord, but that was a way newer car, i don't know if a process like what i did for his car would work on an older car.

But you can then run the cable though the Ash tray like i did for a super stealth install. Only mods you need to do is drill a hole in the Ash tray light, and then bust out the window in the ash tray. Pro Tip: i DO NOT recommend getting white cable like i did, because criminals are stupid.

-Kyle

In my car I used an adapter that plugged into the factory radio's optional Satellite Radio port. I simply put the radio into the SAT mode and I could plug any audio 3.5mm AUX audio source I chose, but like ferrariowner123 mentioned, that is a newer car.

Looking up your make, model and year on PAC's website I see some options but they are generally ones that attain it through the FM Antenna input. I have never used one of them myself but have heard some say they sound great, while others say it does not. Also read some report that they completely lose AM reception once the a device like this is install (claim that the do not pass AM frequencies through.) Now that may or may not be a problem for you, but really you should find out for sure, if this is an option.

This is not the only company that makes things like this, you may have to look around some. Perhaps even hit the car audio sites for more detailed info.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is applicable to you (just skimmed it) but http://www.higherground4x4.com/xterra_aux-in_1.htm. There are plenty other solutions I'm sure; Google "Nissan radio aux mod".

But, why this route? Cheap, easy, stock look?

I've considered the work you're wanting to do--and could do it easily, I'm sure--but I couldn't justify doing it. The time and money spent researching the process, getting parts, disassembling the truck AND radio, while hoping to not turn it into a toaster...just doesn't add up, even if I had all the parts laying around (which I actually might).

If your factory radio plays cassettes, you're overlooking the most obvious solution: cassette adapter. Yes, they still exist. And they're $1 on eBay, man! Shipped!! Dirt cheap, dirt easy, dirt stock look. Fundamentally, it does exactly what you are wanting to do. (Seriously, I'm not even joking about this. I rocked one of these back in the day and loved it.)

Obviously, if you're not set on this approach, there are other options. I'll gladly provide some if you'd like, and can even expand on the options mentioned above.

• Like 1

Seriously, you may find someone who knows how to do it, if you can do it to this particular deck, but that person may not be here. I think most people here are happy enough with what they have or in using a cassette or an RF adapter or going to an aftermarket deck, if what they have is not good enough. :shrug:

Perhaps more audio oriented sites may offer more results or better direction on where to find such info.