External Odor inside Cabin

svar

Hi Guys,

I have a issue I don't know if is normal or what, but for example if a smoking car is in front of me, the smoke come inside the cabin easy, even if is smoking a little, all the windows close to the top, I can fin't where is getting into the cabin.

if somebody else is experiencing this and know how to fix I will appreciated.

1998 nissan pathinder SE. 89k miles.

You can always try changing out your in cabin air filter. Replacement filter is about 16$ easy to DIY. Vids on YouTube take you through step by step.

You can always try changing out your in cabin air filter. Replacement filter is about 16$ easy to DIY. Vids on YouTube take you through step by step.

No cabin air filter in mine, I drive around with the recerculation off(green button) and only turn it on if the smell is strong, or to get the A/C colder. Try using the green button when it's bad and see if it gets better.

Yes I do use the green switch all the time, because mostly in air conditioner,just remember guys I live in Panama wish is hot and high humidity :)

if I open the re circulation you can feel the difference, I believe the issue could be in other location :/

One thing to consider...if you only turn on the recirc AFTER you smell something, that scent is now just being recycled through the cabin. It's not being filtered since there is no cabin air filter. You would have to put the windows down, once you're away from whatever caused to odor, to let that scent escape before it's going to go away. I live in Florida which has similar weather to Panama. I just leave the recirc on pretty much all the time.

It could be that something is stuck in the HVAC system that's preventing the recirc door from sealing properly, or holding it open just a little. I know it's easy to get to on the WD21, not sure about the R50 though.

Is there any wind noise or draft around the door jambs?