OME plus Fleury's spacers

CDN_S4

Hello fellow Pathfinders. I know I know, yet another suspension thread. Sorry. But I am looking for some advice. I took it in to a Nissan dealer today to have it looked over and have the AC belt replaced. Since it's new to me I wanted to get a good idea where's it's at mechanically etc.

I'm told it needs a new front strut. As replacing just one strut is not usually recommended, I'm thinking I'll need at least the front 2 done. So why not get some aftermarket ones and do all 4, right?! So I looked into OME as from everything I've read, that's. Quality setup. But I also have fleurys spacers and was wondering if the combination of the 2 will cause problems due to the additional height. On the OME website it says that anything above 2" will cause problems not worth the benefits of the additional inch.

So my questions are:

If I were to get another lift kit, what else would I need to make it work? Plus 31's would probably look silly with 4" lift. But that's another topic.

What other options do I have? Oem struts? kYB struts on oem springs? Bilstein shocks on oem springs?

Please let me know what you think those of you that have much more experience with this vehicle.

Thanks

nube9uga.jpg

Edited by CDN_S4

Alot of guys run the nx4 strut spacer (what you have just made of aluminum) in the front and 2" lift Springs all round. The spacer helps the level out the car after a lift, because for whatever reason, after a lift you get a wicked lean towards the front. . You could buy a full OME setup, run the spacer in the front only and have a very common setup among lifted pathfinders.

And as far as alternative shock options. The ome's I've been told are valved different to accommodate the height. Guys running kyb's and ac lift report a firmer ride. So maybe the OME would be better way to go?

Hopefully someone with lift experience can chime in.

-Kyle

P.s. if you haven't already done so, getting new wheels or spacers are usually necessary to clear the suspension when running 31's, so if you haven't already, you'll need to go down one of those routes.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Thanks Kyle, that does help. I have Pro Comp Rock crawlers on order, with a 3.75 BB on a 15x8 rim, which seems to be the most common setup and shouldn't be an issue.

I actually like a bit of rake as filling the back and or towing something will weigh it down and I don't want to look like it's dragging its ass. So I might use one of the two 1" spacers in currently have stacked in the rear.

Anybody know a Canadian source for OME kits?

there is a company in quebec can't remember the name....but they are not good at returning emails......still waiting on a quote for two OME struts..

as for spacers and lift springs it can be done...even Steve is running AC coils with his own spacers. though I think he just broke a rear spring....need to see pics of that.

I've got one dead strut as well...I talked to my Old Man this morning who was a VW mechanic for 50years. he said it shouldn't matter about just replacing just one.. though mine are only 2 years old....if yours are older than that I'd probably replace both.

If I don't hear back about the OME struts I'll be ordering KYB from autopartsway.ca...they want about $112.00ea and free shipping over $100.

remember you have 2 struts up front and 2 shocks out back...they differ by the fact that struts also support the coil spring..shocks don't.

you can run different brands front to rear. I'm running KYB up front an Bilstien 5150s out back as far as damping units go and Iron Man springs all around. when I get my new shoes I'll be adding Fleury's 1in spacer to the NX4 spacer up front that I already have. just to get rid of the rake.

Thanks Kyle, that does help. I have Pro Comp Rock crawlers on order, with a 3.75 BB on a 15x8 rim, which seems to be the most common setup and shouldn't be an issue.

I actually like a bit of rake as filling the back and or towing something will weigh it down and I don't want to look like it's dragging its ass. So I might use one of the two 1" spacers in currently have stacked in the rear.

Yup, have the same wheels on my pathy, slightly different series i'm sure, but same important specs.

If you tow enough to justify keeping the spacers, i say keep them then, hate the broken look of a really weighed down car aswell.

-Kyle