need a key

madizm620

Nice idea Grim... I've seen pics of a red 4runner that had been modded that way ~ looked pretty good from what you could see in the pics, although none were close up enough to see how well finished it was. The post about that monster Pathy in here just a little while ago was cut similar to your Photoshop chop, too... :cool2:

I don't blame the guy for deleting your posts, wheelman... #1. You don't know anything about the product he's selling. Just because a similar product (Kryptonite's) has been found to be easy to pop, it doesn't mean it's the case with these, although it certainly could be. How do you know that they're worthless? Buy 'em & give us a report, put your money where your mouth is. #2. Your flame job response. You talk about his typo with Mercedes as if it's important... then proceed to attack his Mother in your reply... how juvenile and uncalled for. The man has a right to defend his items (and Mother) from unwarrented attack on his site, and is correct ~ an E-mail could have brought this to his attention without a public flaming in his Guestbook. More than likely would've gotten a less defensive posting by him, too.

As far as my comments go, IMO you put your ignorance out here for all of us to see... hope you wear it proudly. ;)

Any blunt object will have a window broken in relatively few seconds... believe me I assume so. If you have something valuble in the truck, criminals won't stop at the door locks. In my opinion, the best way to protect your truck is to hide anything valuble, remove your stereo face, blah blah blah.

auto door locks are flawed anyways... if you guys know what an impact punch is.. they make short work of tempered glass.. and theyre tiny.. besides that, a hammer a skrewdriver and some channel lock pliers will have any door lock open in several seconds.. believe me i know ;)

For that matter a slide hammer in the lock will pop the whole thing right out of the door.

yea.. but you have to turn the cyl and linkage to unlock the door.. japanese ignitions are equally as simple..

I MUST STRESS.. IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR RIDE STOLEN EASILY, USE REDUNDANT KILL SWITCHES.. NOT ONE BUT 3... like me

things like cigarette lighters work good as starter interlocks.

A friend of mine and I put electric keys into our vehicles when we were in college. All it was was a jumper we put in the ignition wires, but unless you knew what the connector was for and jumped it some how you couldn't start it.

I use my lighter for a power source.

use the closed circuit of the cig lighter to provide energy to a small relay that closes a branch of the start circuit.. you should put a fuse under the hood to act as a switch to bypass this "switch" if it started to bug you.a headlight or aux. lite based switch would work great too.. cmon who turns their headlights on before starting their car?