95 Pathy SE exhaust

Manik

After 6 years of sitting in my garage my pathfinder is back on the road. Running like a champ after six hours in front of my house taking care of an issue that I overlooked during a year of re-assembling this beast. I have installed pacesetter headers, which after a bit of redneck engineering made them work as they should.

I should note that they helped the performance tremendously and mileage as well considering I'm getting an average of 18 on the highway. I'd like to do a performance exhaust, going to a 2.5 - 3 inch system and probably a flow master muffler. Hence the question, what are the two devices just prior to the catalytic converter and are they necessary?

They look like resonators or something. I'm not sure. 2.5 is only one inch larger than factory, so, that's the rout I'll probably go. I'm thinking about moving the o2 sensor to the pas side header, considering the connector for it is on that side. When I had the state inspection done, the nox was high, everything else was well below standard for Texas regulations. Not sure what that's all about.

What I want to do is keep all legal but get better performance without too many mods, at the moment anyways.

I would only be changing the diameter of the pipe and moving the exhaust to the pas side header, this would make a difference? Hmm.. Ok, I will buy that, the o2 will stay in its location, but, I'd rather move the cat closer to the headers make it "heat up" quicker. I'd only be running a single exhaust with the factory routing..

Not if it is simply mirroring what currently exists. You won't be able to get much closer than where it is, and it won't make that much of a difference anyway.

When determining the diameter of pipe to be used, go by the area of a cross seation, not diameter as area increases at greater ratio than the diameter; as illustrated.

circles_g8_1.gif

B