Any ideas on this one?

Manik

On my way to work this morning I noticed my speedo, tach and temp gauges quit working. The idiot light for the alternator was on, so I figured, low voltage equals dead alternator. I checked the voltage output on it, which was 13.5 volts. So its charging the battery, right. The headlights stayed bright on my 35 mile trek to work, so I made it without issue. I haven't had a chance to check anything else considering I am at work and don't have time, yet. I will check on it hopefully at lunch. My pathy is a '95 with a 3.0 and 5 spd. Any ideas guys?

Oh yeah, this "Beast" I have only been driving about 3 weeks. It's been a work in progress for a few years, and I guess, still is... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

I guess that's a possibility, but, the speedo has been acting wacky for about a week. At 60-65 mph it would bounce from 50 to 80 and finally settle back down. But the speedo has done that off and on since the day I purchased it over 9 years ago. I will check the fuse for the cluster, but, being the skeptic that I am, believe it's something more. I'd think that if the fuse were blown not even the idiot light would work, but, I couldn't say for sure.

My speedo doesn't start working until about 40mph. But the mileometer doesn't work when the speedo isn't so I hit the dash a couple times when it's not working and it works again. My tach has never worked it always twitches and bounces. So I installed am aftermarket tach.

Yep, the 94-95 models have an electronic gauge cluster that has... issues sometimes. First thing is to pull it and check all connections and tighten down the brass screws on the printed circuit in back, they are the ground points. Second is it may be the voltage regulator which fails sometimes. Refer to the FSM for that test info, downloadable from the pinned thread in the Garage section.

I had a tach that died, years later I combined two clusters to get one fully functioning unit, and the tach came back to life in the non-functioning one, so sometimes they just want to be held... :shrug:

B

• Like 2

Yep, the 94-95 models have an electronic gauge cluster that has... issues sometimes. First thing is to pull it and check all connections and tighten down the brass screws on the printed circuit in back, they are the ground points.

Huh I never knew that could possibly resolve the issue, I have a few cluster issues maybe that might fix them... Gas gauge waiving slowly until I hit it etc