Hit a bump, lost electrical

delavoie

Yesterday i was out in the mountains for a sunday cruise... well on my way back i hit some pretty big dips/bumps. After hitting one of them, all of a sudden my cd player turned off. So i stop the truck and check the fuses, they are all ok. I pulled the cd deck out and checked it's fuse, it's still good also.

Now everytime i start the truck, the dash clock is always reset to 1:00, and the deck is still not working. I checked the fuses again today, because my dome lights are no longer working either, i noticed that the fuse for the interior lights is now blown.

I checked all the wires on the deck, they all look good, and the cd player seems to be getting some power, because the anti-theft light blinks when i remove the face plate.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing these electrical problems???

I need to take a look at my mom's accord. They stereo just died one day. Fuses are ok but I think its inside the dash that somethings burnt, fried. How hard is it to open the dash? Thinking of probably taking it to the dealer.

The same thing happened on my '87 but I can't for the life of me remember what it was now. Double check all the fuses under the dash and also take a look at the cigatette lighter circuit. I'll post again if I can remember what it was on mine, darn alcohol.

I also noticed that when i open my door that the dash clock will go out, when the door is closed it's on again, but resets to 1:00.

My dash light for the "door open" blinks on and off constantly when the truck is on, but it's not fully bright just dim. But if i switch the dome light on and off, the "door open" light will come on solid. But there is no door open!!

Some very weird electrical problems here,, hopefully someone will be able to point me into the right direction.

Thanks

Man, the more you describe the problem, the more it sounds like the same one I had. I'd open the door and the clock would go out too. I still can't remember what the fix was, but I have a wierd feeling it might be the cigarette lighter circuit. Pull the bezel off and look for pinched wires or something. Maybe even disconnect it while you're troubleshooting. It's killing me that I can't remember what it was. Sorry I can't help more. I think I'm getting a touch of the Alzheimer's.