Trying to figure out why my mirrors won't work.

TutorN1

Done a quick search, and the only thing I came up with was on a wd21. They don't do anything, on up, down, or side to side. By what I got of that the fuses are good that runs the mirrors. That is if the r50 has it's rear wiper and mirrors run through the same fuss.

I haven't had time to check the back of the switch yet. Was going to see if any of the r50 guys have had the same problem, and if it's maybe a quick fix.

For drive ring there fine but for pulling a trailer they're way off.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Nathan

Edited by TutorN1

It may not be the same on the r50. I would check all the fuses. If both mirrors don't work I would say its probably a fuse or the swtich. Not likely both mirror motors would fail at once.

• Like 1

Per the 99 FSM it's only showing one fuse for the mirrors. Make sure the Mirror left/right control is not in the middle

It's not in the middle, made sure of that. I checked the FSM, it says it's a 10amp fuse. I can't make heads or tails after that, electrical isn't my strong point.

Any idea on what position it would be on the board? Also what would the switch part number be, wouldn't hurt to change it out for its age while I'm at it.

Edited by TutorN1

When I first read your title I though maybe you were a vampire. I think yours should have 9 wires on the plug for the control. Five on one side and four on the other. I believe you should have power at wire 8 or 9 when the key is on. Leave the plug connected and just slip the tip of your test light in to touch the terminal.

2 3 1 9

5 7 4 6 8

That's how they are numbered in my wiring diagram.

Edited by kdj

When I first read your title I though maybe you were a vampire. I think yours should have 9 wires on the plug for the control. Five on one side and four on the other. I believe you should have power at wire 8 or 9 when the key is on. Leave the plug connected and just slip the tip of your test light in to touch the terminal.

2 3 1 9

5 7 4 6 8

That's how they are numbered in my wiring diagram.

No, every time I look in one there's always a big goof guy looking back,.... Creepy!

But I'll give that a try too. Hoping to be able to get it to it this next weekend. Thanks for the pointers.

?

Per the wiring schematic, you should have power at number 1 coming from the fuse to the switch, test for power there first, 3 should be the ground, if there is power on terminal number 1, than move your ground wire on the test light to number 3 and re-check for power at number 1 to test the ground.

First if you haven't already pull the mirror switch out and make sure the plug is all the way in, had a problem with my windows in my 94 and found the plug was not in all the way, after plugging it back in no more problem.

Always check the simplest things first.

Well checked the simple thing first, & it made my feel stupider than normal.

Got to checking my fusses, & the one for the mirrors was gone. So took the one for the heated seats, which mine never came with, out & it's working fine now.

Anyways thanks for the input, learn from this if nothing else.