After installing Fleury's product I had to adjust my mirrors !

KLUELESS

So first let me preface this with that I am not an "off-roader" but I do tow my boat on a regular basis.

After reading several posts on the least expensive way to get some additional lift out of my 03 Pathfinder SE (My ultimate goal was to keep my rig level when I hooked up my boat) I decided to go with the 4x4 design product from Steve Fleury. I ordered a 2" rear spacer kit after consulting with Steve via several emails ( BTW thanks for your patience).

Seeing as how my pathfinder was fast approaching 100k miles I decided to order a set of stock springs to install at the same time to further the overall result.

Steve's spacers arrived in no time ( and that's a first cause everything I order from Canada seems to get stuck in customs for an additional week) I ordered my springs from auto zone for a measly $62.00. And borrowed a spring compressor kit from them as well.

Ok now the tricky part... I live in a condo that does not allow any type of vehicle repairs whatsoever. And after sneaking in the locking hub install I didn't want to push my luck.I knew this job was gonna take a little bit of time so I found a local do-it-yourself garage that would provide a lift and tools if needed. ( my tool box is adequate but it's always good to have a back up). I called the guy yesterday and set up a time to meet at 0830. Well guess what the lazy f## never showed up ! Ok so on to plan B. Drove over to the storage lot that I keep my boat at and get everything organized. Tools jacks stands beer etc. I don't really like doing parking lot repairs but I had my whole day planned around this. So I finally started Turing my first wrench at 0945.

After watching several YouTube videos I knew what I was getting into and what to expect. I started on the passenger side and after a couple of trial and error spring compressor placements I finally got the the old spring off and started the reinstall . This is where it got a little tricky after taking off the old spring I did not take notice of the spring compressor placement and after trying to reinstall the spring and the spacer I found myself with a "stuck" compressor. Well by that time I guess it was time for a Beer and some contemplation.

Half way through my beer I had an epiphany! I got the compressor realigned and out she popped ! Reinstalled the tyre and now off to the drivers side.

After my trials an tribulations the passenger side took half the time the drivers side took. Viola! Done!

Total time was three and a half hours and one and a half beers ( I didn't want to get poo poo faced working with high tension springs). After getting all my tools cleaned and organized I finally had a chance to take a moment to see the overall result. And MAN what a result! The back end sits a easy 1 1/2. To 2" higher and after hooking up my boat there was absolutely NO sag!

The only bad thing I experienced that after getting back on the road I realized that I had to adjust my mirrors to accommodate the additional height.

In closing I wish to send a BIG shout out to Steve Fleury and 4x4 Design for the great product and also let everyone know that you can do this install WITH new spring in your back yard driveway...whatever. No big deal!

I also know that pictures would be a great benefit but unfortunately this forum does not play nice with IOS and my IPad . So until that is sorted out I guess yer gonna have to take my word for it.

Thanks for reading and tight lines! KLUELESS

• Like 3

Nice job!

Not sure where your at in South Florida. But my driveway is always open for work. Plus I have a plethora of tools and many more available readily.

I live by the Zoo.

Rebelord

I also know that pictures would be a great benefit but unfortunately this forum does not play nice with IOS and my IPad . So until that is sorted out I guess yer gonna have to take my word for it.

Photobucket had a free app you can download on your human centipad and you can use the codes in your posts :aok:

Thanks for the invite but I live about three hours( with traffic) north of Miami. The storage lot is adequate and semi paved. It makes for a gravel extraction from parts of my body I wish not to share.

As far as photo bucket or [ img] codes unfourtunatlety when I post or Reply there is no "tool bar" either at the top or bottom of the window.

Photobucket had a free app you can download on your human centipad and you can use the codes in your posts :aok:

Nice job!

Not sure where your at in South Florida. But my driveway is always open for work. Plus I have a plethora of tools and many more available readily.

I live by the Zoo.

Rebelord

d0ed052c-67f2-4766-bbea-7076fff78707_zps

NPRORA_zpsc7df567f.jpg

O.K so here are a couple of pic's after the spacer install.

I hope this works or I'm gonna go POSTAL !

OH and before anyone ask's the divot on my bumper was thanks to a KLUELESS snowbird that didn't leave a note !

Edited by KLUELESS

• 3 weeks later...

Update: it's been a couple of weeks since the front hub lock outs,new springs and Rancho 5000 rear shocks install so here's the new gas mileage info and observations.

After running thru three tanks of gas (regular as always) my mileage has gone from an average of 14.3mpg to 17.8 ! Worth the money after all!

New springs spacers and shocks have dramatically improved ride height and stability while towing. But it seems a little "squirlley" on highway speeds while purposely swerving . New front struts may be the fix?

The question is that in measuring rear height the passenger side is about 1 1/4 " higher than the drinkers side on level ground and an even load distribution. Is this normal?

In the long Ron the money spent was well worth the outcome.

Thanks for reading. KLUELESS II

Looking forward to getting mine back from the shop with the lift and new tires, especially to see if I manage to get better economy (I've got a road trip to Alberta coming up for work).