Brake caliper and brake pad question chevy tahoe

ahardb0dy

What would cause the brake pads to wear more on one side compared to the other? When I put new pads in and squeezed the pistons back in the calipers all the pistons moved freely so I doubt any of the calipers are/were bad or seized.

Truck is a 2005 Chevy Tahoe, 2wd. The pads were the same both sides front and rear.

Thanks

Possibly, The front calipers use the female torx heads, pain in the ass !! My T55 torx bit was kind of messed up on the tip, I got the drivers side bolt out but the pass. side was very tight, the bit kept slipping so I ended up cutting about a 1/16" off the end to get to good metal, still couldn't get the bolt out using my 1/2" ratchet so I broke out the impact gun and it came right out.

Noticed on the auto parts website they have replacement caliper bolts with hex heads so I bought a pack of two of them, only need two as you swing the calipers up like with the Nissan to replace the pads.

I greased the new slide pins, and the old ones in the rear,

Will see how these pads wear compared to the one's I removed, next time she needs brakes.

could just been a soft pad my gf went an had good year replace the brakes on her 07 caliber and within 6 months the passenger side was about shot took it back they said it was a soft pad and replaced it free of charge. but yewar it was just a fluek thing

They should be good now, I replaced the two lower slide pin/bolts on the front calipers and greased them and everywhere the pads sit against, in the rear I greased all the slide pins and the pad contact areas, will see next time she needs brakes I guess.

I thought the caliper (s) might have been frozen but the pistons all pushed back in easily when I pushed them back in to fit the new pads using my "C" clamp