Back Up Lights not working

GePa

A few days ago, i was changing bulbs with LED, while i was doing that. I found out that my back up lights are not working.

Either with the factory spec bulbs or with LEDs, also i was not able to find a fuse for that light. Any idea how to check/fix this issue?

So neither set of bulbs makes them come on, and both connectors look alright? The brake/tail/signal lights work?

If they were all out I'd suspect a bad ground, but seeing as how it's just the reverse lights, I'll bet it's the switch. Which trans do you have? The manual transmissions have a switch that mounts to the side and kicks on when you put it in reverse. I'm not seeing where the switch is for the auto trans... I thought it might be built into the park/neutral position switch but it looks like it's not. :scratchhead: I'll bet it's under the trim around the shifter, but that's just a guess.

That's where I'd start, anyway.

My pathfinder came with a MT.

Yes all the other lights work just fine. Only the reverse light is not working. Where is that switch located?

So neither set of bulbs makes them come on, and both connectors look alright? The brake/tail/signal lights work?

If they were all out I'd suspect a bad ground, but seeing as how it's just the reverse lights, I'll bet it's the switch. Which trans do you have? The manual transmissions have a switch that mounts to the side and kicks on when you put it in reverse. I'm not seeing where the switch is for the auto trans... I thought it might be built into the park/neutral position switch but it looks like it's not. :scratchhead: I'll bet it's under the trim around the shifter, but that's just a guess.

That's where I'd start, anyway.

The auto trans one is in the "range sensor" which does the neutral safety and the reverse lights.

My pathfinder came with a MT.

Yes all the other lights work just fine. Only the reverse light is not working. Where is that switch located?

It is on the side of the transmission somewhere, I believe the FSM will have the location.

I did mine about a year and a half ago. It was a bit of a PITA - the switch is self-contained in a big-bolt type housing and is mounted up high on the passenger side (I think). I had to pull the center console and related items to access it with an offset wrench. There may be an easier way but at the time I didn't feel like lowering the trans. You may want to first be sure it's the switch by pulling the plug and shorting the two wires that would normally be closed by the switch. It's easy enough to do. If you don't want to tackle the job of replacing the switch, you could wire a manual toggle switch; just don't forget to turn it off after backing up! (Isn't the reverse light a sign you want to race someone? :D

Good luck!