Snow plow anyone?

djratlif

I just found an older D21 pickup that has been used as a plow truck the past few years. I can get the truck and plow for $500 total so I know I can get my money out of it, just wondering if anyone here had put a plow on their Pathfinder and how did it handle it? The plow is a small blade, maybe 6.5' wide but without the heavier/upgraded torsion bars I wouldn't want to break anything. Thanks in advance, Derek

Wd21 have more weight over the rear than they do in the front. This helps greatly with snow traction over the hardbody. They are actually really heavy trucks for their physical size as well. All of these factors really help them to hold their own in the snow. It is the best snow vehicle I have personally ever been in, so I don't doubt it would work well with a plow. I have wanted to put a plow on mine for ages, but haven't found the right deal yet.

I wouldn't worry about the torsion bars , they are pretty strong. I would more-so make sure your steering links/balljoints are in good shape. Other than that you should be fine. Front of the frame are identical between the trucks as well, so it should bolt right on to your pathy. Good find for 500$!!

Well then it's settled, I am going to buy the truck and see whether I can get it running well enough to plow with. If not I will pull the plow and salvage whatever parts that I can. The plow will be on the pathfinder before next snow season arrives.

As soon as I get it home I can let you know. I have a need for manual lockers, and the grill/lamps up front. Other than that It would all be spare stuff for me. From what my buddy said it has 33's on it as well with aftermarket wheels. I have to look at those as well, but i can't stuff 33's yet so they'd be up for grabs as well.