Steering wheel doesn't stay aligned after alignment

AtvStalker

Okay so I DID look for this answer already...but to NO avail.. Here is the situation: Alignment done, vehicle drives straight and true, however if I turn left there is a spot in the turning of the steering wheel that there is little response and after I make my turn, what ever direction I turned the steering stays to that side when going straight. example at a stop sign the steering wheel and wheels or straight and aligned. I make a left turn, when I straighten back out the wheel will point straight but the steering wheel is turned slightly to the left. Same scenario if I turn right (wheels straightened and steering wheels points right) I am competent enough to have checked tie rods, and other related steering components. there are none that are bent or loose or worn out (ie bushings or bearings).. Since I am new to the pathy I don't know if it could be the steering column, shaft or R&P.

Any suggestions?

Car50... if with a car like steering system...

steering rack mount bushings? I know my SE-V6 200sx, oil from the filter would drip on the rack bushing which then causes it to wear out faster. the VG33 doesn't have that problem though as the filters in a different place. Something to look at though.

• Like 1

As others have alrady stated, that is the first place to start to rule it out as a problem.

It is inexpenise to replace them and with the vehicle being 18 years old, probably needs them anyways at that age!

After you repalce them, you might need to realign it again.

Edited by Alkorahil
  • Like 1