Some help with the correct harnesses to unplug

MrEviLDeD

Hello everyone,

I am looking to lift the body of my 1993 Pathfinder a few feet above the frame so I can get some welding done on the frame without any hinderance to access the entire frame. At this point I am thinking I will just re-enforce the entire frame while I am getting the rusted spots fixed and get it completely coated before putting it back together again.

Anyhow, sorry for rambling. What I was wondering was if anyone that has done this before could tell me which harnesses I need to unplug and where they are. Again I have a FSM so even just the numbers of the harnesses to unplug would work for me. There are so many of them and just want to make sure I go straight to the ones I need to unplug and get it done. The cost of the shop to do the work will be billed out to me at 116$ a day so when I do this I just want to get in and out as fast as I possibly can.

A few feet? dang! I know for sure you'll need to disconnect the fuel pump harness which is located just behind the fuel tank on the passenger side.

Probably need to disconnect the brake line that goes to the rear axle.

I don't know how much extra length there is for the ECU harness that goes through the firewall.

The differential breather hoses will probably have to be disconnected as well.

Well yea the garage I will rent for a few days has hoists and high ceilings so will just re-enforce the fenders and double strap the body and hoist it.. Just need to know what electrical and mechanical I would have to disconnect to do so.. The manual itself says only that I need to disconnect the main harness (which has a couple of connection points in the front cage I think) as well as the fuel and brake lines. also need to remove the handles like emerg and shifter.

Look at the garage/How To section, there should be a thread on installing body lifts. You are going to have to do most of that work and other things not listed.

Do go slow when lifting and check everywhere every few inches.

B

• Like 1