Another gas mileage question

TutorN1

Fram..........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was for entertainment purposes, this is more serious........

My Mile marker hubs have been on for a couple of years & I've had no problems except for the bolts loosening up over time. I put some thread locker on & never had another problem. The older MM hubs didn't have a great reputation but the new ones are steel cap & iron body, Warn are aluminum, the MM bolts are bigger & less prone to stripping, etc. Both have limited lifetime warranty's for the original purchaser.

But, you decide......... http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/review/product-review-hub-battle-warn-vs-milemarker-20718.html

Edited by theexbrit
  • Like 1

That's what I have on mine & they're not crap :laugh:

I can only find reference to these fitting 90-96 R50's, maybe they changed the front axles on the 97 :shrug: PM Steeevo (Rugged Rocks) he'll set you up.

http://www.xloffroad.com/index.php/Mile-Marker-435-MileMarker-Supreme-Manual-Hub.html?gclid=CIuloPaftbwCFWwV7AodVxMAmQ#.UvKKtXi9Kc1

The numbers to me work, but would y'all double check me?

These have been the best price I've found on any for the R50.

FYI Amazon has a set of use Rugged Ridge for the WD21 right now for $55 and change. Free shipping, too. About bought those last night till I got to checking on the spline count.

If they're right going to try to order them this afternoon.

Thanks,

NT

This is just me, but not overly impressed with the Warns. They are good hubs, just want to much for them.

They can blow out the same as the other, but when they do you run more chance of getting stuck on the trail. The MM are good quality hub from what I've seen, & read. I was surprised how many on here run them on their trucks.

LOL! I'm doing good to come up with the money for the MM right now, the $166 I'm sad to say would be a stretch for me right now. ?

• Like 1

Picked up some Warn's from Amazon, worked out to a lot more than 166 shipped to Canada though. Have yet to install them as I'm doing axles as well and will be doing them at the same time. Hubs look really nice and solid though. And made in the U.S which I like. Glad I spent a little extra to get them.

Don't know about the Rugged Ridge hubs, but this "Warn vs "Mile marker" debate is the same as all the others; Chevy vs Ford, Bosch vs Fram, Castrol vs Pennzoil, etc, etc, etc. Opinions are just like arseholes, everybody has one! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They're all good products, go with what you can afford. My MM's have been great so far & like the Warns they have a limited lifetime warranty. I have buddies with the Warns & they have been good hubs.

It seems the RR hubs are iron & steel, same as the MM's. The Warns are aluminum & steel I believe. The RR's got pretty good reviews on Amazon.

If the Rugged Ridge have a lifetime warranty, I say go with them if that's what you can afford. :itsallgood::aok:

Edited by theexbrit

I like that quote too! Learned that the hard way about Fram being junk.

What I ment to about the Warns blowing is, that if your putting that much stress all the time, on any of them, something has the give!

It's better your hubs than a TC.

Like I said it's mine, & my wallets, personal choice to go with MM. If they hold up great, if not lesson learned.

Edited by TutorN1
  • Like 1

That one is easy to determine which is better, you know that. ;)

B

Ok, point taken. I shouldn't have included such an easy one as that, Fram filters ARE sheeet. I'm sure there'll be some that disagree.

I like that quote too! Learned that the hard way about Fram being junk.

What I ment to about the Warns blowing is, that if your putting that much stress all the time, on any of them, something has the give!

It's better your hubs than a TC.

Like I said it's mine, & my wallets, personal choice to go with MM. If they hold up great, if not lesson learned.

The MM's will be fine (famous last words), I've put mine thru some fairly heavy load situations & nary a peep out of them. Now if you enter the King Of The Hammers in your Pathy, all bets are off!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, point taken. I shouldn't have included such an easy one as that, Fram filters ARE sheeet. I'm sure there'll be some that disagree.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've used mostly Fram filters for close to 40 years without them ever causing any noticeable excessive oil consumption or other problems.

Are they the best? Maybe not, but in my experience the choice of oil filters is not something to really spend much time obsessing about.

Same can be said for oil brands, but I have had very good luck with various full synthetics, especially in motorcycles achieving very high miles.

Why does everyone shy away from the solid hubs?

Some do it as an attempt to gain more mpg's, others (like myself) do it to save wear on all the front drive parts (especially those who have a lift installed). Just doesn't help much when the wife takes it to work, we get an unexpected snowfall, then I get the call:her "I think the 4wd is broken!", me "No, you have to lock the hubs...", her "Well that's stupid! I didn't realize we were stuck in the stone age!" Hahahaha!