95 xe Mile Marker hubs

Nissanland

One of the easiest upgrades I've been able to do on this project. I did both hubs in under a half hour. Remove the bolts and slide off the auto hubs, remove the c clip and B brake, then slide the new mile marker hub body on. Reinstalled the c clip, lined up cover, and bolted down. Finished up with a wipe of the grease and prints. After I put them on, I took them out to test, they locked right up, smooth as silk, and then climbed up a stump with out any effort, the same one I couldn't get up without a lot of wheel spinning and slippage with the stock auto hubs. In my personal opinion, and for the money a great investment. Hopefully I can get a bit more miles to the gallon. On the plus side they also look a heck of alot better than those stock hubs did and goes better with the new rims.

Edited by Nissanland

You won't noticed any mpg change, since the wd21 cv's don't spin unless the hubs are locked in. But an r50 will. Secondly, your auto hubs shouldn't have been slipping at all, they lock, or don't lock, or one locks and one does and then you don't have 4wd. haha. Should have been able to do the same stuff (climb stumps?) as you did before, just without having to worry about the auto hubs not locking, or breaking.

They just have a more solid hookup. The auto hubs were definitely tired, you could feel them engage and disengage. I don't go stump climbing, just have a good one in yard to use for testing upgrades on.

• Like 1

That's the nice part about manual hubs, when they are locked, you know they are locked ! No wondering like with the auto hubs, plus you don't have to worry about them unlocking if you happen to reverse.

• Like 2

Nissanland : When taking apart the auto hubs after the C clip there are 2 washers then the B brake, are the 2 washers removed along with the B brake also? then install the new manual hub then C clip no washers anymore? is that right?

Thanks, Bingomech

Edited by bingomech

IIRC that is correct, I never had to replace any washers, just slid the hub on, replacing the c clip and attach the top cover. I coated all the paper seals with grease lightly to help with water/moisture resistance as directed. Don't use to much though, just enough through out assembly to coat everything not packing the grease on.