A couple of pics of MT. Rainier in WA State

gv280z

The day before I left Washington state was the day of the earthquake, February 28th, 2001, or there abouts, I may be a day or two off, I was on base, standing outside motor pool and started hearing a rumble and thought, that's weird, why would any M1 A1 Abrams be coming through here? It was a warehouse district...then the ground started rippling under my feet and I yelled at my buddy in total exuberance, 'Earthquake!!' and through my hands in the air in excitement...and then I looked to Mt. Rainier and felt sudden dread...aww crap...here we go. But of course nothing happened...I'll always remember my one and only earthquake though, there on Ft. Lewis.

^^Ha!^^ that's great! I was in downtown Seattle, driving on 5th stopped at a red light in my 1992 Bronco. It started shaking around and I punched the steering wheel thinking the truck was dying. Construction crew members started pouring into the street from a building across from me. I thought, sweet, earthquake. Pulled her into drive and went about my way.

It was quite impressive when she belched out a bit a few years ago! I have seen lots and lots of stuff on St. Helens, bit was too young and lived in another state when she blew. Volcanos are extremely interesting to me. Did lots of crap in school on them.

Mt. Adams this summer too...

IMG_0119_zps7fba0299.jpg

Might that be Lake Takhlakh?

Good news California, went by Shasta this morning and she has a good coating of pretty white snow. Maybe the lake won't go totally dry this summer. LOL

That's good to know! It is raining here now, and over central Cali, but it isn't enough. Good thing next weekend is slated to be 3 days of rain, I might plant a garden after all... :aok:

B

I like the string of lakes up there. I was in Randle last summer. Drove from there to the lake and everywhere in between up to Walupt. Spent two tanks just exploring, but I do have the small tank.

It has to be one of my favorite spots for exploring and scenery.

Edited by Bubbley11