Light bar question

TutorN1

Ok looked around on the member rides, & really like the light bars on top with the baskets. Think it's silverpath that has the lights all the way around too that I liked.

My question is this, how do run your wires from your rack to the inside of your ride?

Was just wondering about when I do one, if I'll be drilling a hole to run the wire to the inside or what?

This is not a project I'm in the middle of, but just wanting to know for later.

Thanks for any input

NT

I'm interested too, though I was thinking more along the lines of the Xosel racks for Xterras. I think on my factory rack there may be a somewhat protected area underneath the wind deflector which hold the mounts for the rack, where I may be able to run wires. I have no proof of this of course, just a theory haha

I thought about drilling a hole in my roof, I had no real concern of it leaking later as I could seal it just fine. However I noticed the A-pillar door moulding is quite fat. I effectively ran all my wires along my roof rail, into the door and down the door seal into the engine bay. You didn't really notice it to much,

I ran my roof lighting through the factory wire harness cover on the upper left corner of the hatch opening. No drilling, and as long as the wires aren't too thick (you can fit them in the gap between the hatch and the body.