This will make you want to buy a Z car

Karmann

You're right, that does make me want to get a Z car.

Wait.....WOOHOO!! Who put one in my garage?!?!?

haha

Loved that documentary, thanks for sharing...

-Kyle

Lucky b@stard. I didn't realize just how cool (in a funky fresh way) even the 280zx's were. Really neat cars!

I have too many 40hp cars around myself :laugh:

Lucky b@stard. I didn't realize just how cool (in a funky fresh way) even the 280zx's were. Really neat cars!

I have too many 40hp cars around myself :laugh:

Haha, well technically its my dads, so i cant really call it mine, but i'm sure ill inherit that car soon enough.

And i cant say im a "fan" of the 280zx, little too 80's for me, but i, of course, love the original S-30's and love the shape of the 87-89 300ZX's That boxy look, and factory sleepy eyes, it just looks like it up to no good.

And what cars came with 40hp that you'd want to drive today? lol

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Haha, well technically its my dads, so i cant really call it mine, but i'm sure ill inherit that car soon enough.

And i cant say im a "fan" of the 280zx, little too 80's for me, but i, of course, love the original S-30's and love the shape of the 87-89 300ZX's That boxy look, and factory sleepy eyes, it just looks like it up to no good.

-Kyle

But come on, velour is great! :laugh: The 87-89s were sweet, but if I were going 300zx, there's something about the Z32s that is just plain cool. They strike me as a 90s approach to how the GT-R is today. Very high-tech stuff, and very cool. I'm really jazzed about the supposed 4 sports cars Nissan is rolling out in the upcoming couple of years too. :wub:

And that would be a 62 VeeDub Karmann Ghia and a 31 Ford Model A Pickup. :happy: Lots of fun, and really change your perspective on things, both have a degree of mechanical connection completely lost in anything I've driven otherwise.

The vintage ads are hysterical. BLACK GOLD... dat mustache. :lol:

Personally i like the older Z cars better. I also like the MGBs and Spitfires of the same era so maybe it's just the style carrying over. And I like the Z31. But the Z32... I dunno. The back looks like an 80s trans am and the front does nothing for me. :shrug:

• Like 1

But come on, velour is great! :laugh: The 87-89s were sweet, but if I were going 300zx, there's something about the Z32s that is just plain cool. They strike me as a 90s approach to how the GT-R is today. Very high-tech stuff, and very cool. I'm really jazzed about the supposed 4 sports cars Nissan is rolling out in the upcoming couple of years too. :wub:

And that would be a 62 VeeDub Karmann Ghia and a 31 Ford Model A Pickup. :happy: Lots of fun, and really change your perspective on things, both have a degree of mechanical connection completely lost in anything I've driven otherwise.

:lol: yeah, if i had to, maybe, but a 88 Shiro special with a set of Coilovers, some Work wheels, Recaro SR-7 seats, Nardi steering wheel, and an RB26DETT, or a VH45DET would be awesome...

And im excited too, but i didn't know they were coming out with 4? i knew only of the new Z, which is suppose to be getting back to its roots, with everything, shape, power, weight, and price, but what of these other cars are you talking about?

I'd love to see a replacement for the 240SX come back, something that was just like the originals, 4 banger, rear drive, manual trans, and some very aggressive styling.

But what else could they replace? HMMMM

And now i see, i figured it would be some VERY old cars, and...you didn't disappoint, :laugh: I do need to get behind the wheel of some older cars, to appreciate mechanics at it very core beginning. So far the oldest thing I've got under my belt is my 77 Z... :wub:

-Kyle

And I like the Z31. But the Z32... I dunno. The back looks like an 80s trans am and the front does nothing for me. :shrug:

I'm convinced that Nissan has two different people style the front end of the car, and its done by someone who likes aggressive looking front ends that look like they are doing 100 MPH while standing still, and the back end is designed by someone who had 2 months to design it and rather than design the car, he went out and partied and some of cars where the drunk/ hungover half conscience malarkey that he could come up with in the few hours before it was due.

Look at all of the 240SX's (worst of all is the S15), the Murano, the R32 and R33 Skyline, almost all the Sentra's, Maxima's and Altma's untill recently, and the Cube is just ugly all round....

-Kyle

-Kyle

How dare you, you young whippersnapper! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The 80's were the best years of my life, good music, motorbikes, plenty of shagin' & partying, what more could you want???

• Like 1

The 80's were the best years of my life, good music, motorbikes, plenty of shagin' & partying, what more could you want???

Haha 80's had their plus's, I drive my buddies 86 e30 almost everyday. I'm starting to like it. Can't wait for him to send me a 400hp turbo kit.

But I wish some of the auto tech stayed, digital dashes,and sequential turbo chargers, But the negatives are, velour, most up pop up lights, and star wheels. Ugh.

But Andy, I'm sure for some, the 80's will never die, lol

-Kyle

• Like 1

And im excited too, but i didn't know they were coming out with 4? i knew only of the new Z, which is suppose to be getting back to its roots, with everything, shape, power, weight, and price, but what of these other cars are you talking about?

I'd love to see a replacement for the 240SX come back, something that was just like the originals, 4 banger, rear drive, manual trans, and some very aggressive styling.

But what else could they replace? HMMMM

-Kyle

Basically there will be at the top the GT-R as a high performance hybrid, then an all electric blade glider which an exec said 'will be the best handling car you've ever driven, but with zero emissions', then the new purified Z (finally!) with a downsized v6 turbo, and finally the BRZ fighter called the IDx, which was the concept I showed pictures of a while back and looks like a 510. I'm excited.

There is even footage! :ohno01:

1359639684670178985.GIF

austin-powers-o.gif

B

• Like 4

But the negatives are, velour, most up pop up lights, and star wheels. Ugh.

But Andy, I'm sure for some, the 80's will never die, lol

-Kyle

Ok, you got me with the velour, the lights & the wheels.................

There is even footage! :ohno01:

1359639684670178985.GIF

austin-powers-o.gif

B

I wouldn't buy a "Shaguar!!!".

• Like 1

How about these for translation gems, this is the box from my reverse camera that I got the other day............

camera-box-chinese_zps460f17fa.jpg

I'm so glad the camera came with "Transcendency In Focus" & "Art In The Highest Flight"!

• Like 2

Nice. I greatly dislike how they totally skipped the Z31... it was the best selling and most bastardized Z car ever. It was also very technologically advanced, powerful, and luxurious. At the time, Nissan couldn't make the body any more aerodynamic then it already was.

• Like 1

Nice. I greatly dislike how they totally skipped the Z31... it was the best selling and most bastardized Z car ever. It was also very technologically advanced, powerful, and luxurious. At the time, Nissan couldn't make the body any more aerodynamic then it already was.

Not sure what happened there either. I wish they made it in the 2000s, just so as to see what they thought of the 350z. Which sold pretty well it seems like, but lacked the interior quality. I'd like the Z to be a 911 beater again. :)

Word, my 88 has more bells and whistles then my R50... :) and most of them work ha

• Like 1

That's what I thought too... my digital climate control and AC in my '87 worked perfectly. Of course that was after the typical broken vacuum lines repair but the electricals were solid.

Such a timeless design they are...