Aftermarket parts wish list!

Nissanland

The big question for us pathfinder owners. What are your aftermarket parts wish list. Been some conversation in another forum, about getting some good parts available for us to use to make the pathfinder builds using a larger selection of parts.

I myself would like to have some kind of front bumper attachment kit so we could use bumpers that fit other vehicles without having to fabricate the brackets/braces.

Another option would be a tube style with winch plate for light weight and options for lighting.

A coil over or struts to replace the torsion bar setups while retaining the IFS would be interesting

A new center console design that's a direct bolt in and has good cup holders for the front and back seats.

A better choice for bolt in headlight replacement. More up to date technology.

Same with tail lights.

Lets just get some thoughts going and maybe we can get a couple new parts for our breed of trucks

• Like 1

Not a 1/2 bad idea, so I'll put in my part...

I myself would like to have some kind of front bumper attachment kit so we could use bumpers that fit other vehicles without having to fabricate the brackets/braces.

Not so much this as having a choice of a few manufacturers/styles that are built specifically for Pathfinders, WD21 and R50 as they are becoming more prevalent off road.Probably some rock sliders as well, I only know of one 'plug and play' option and that still requires a welder.

A new center console design that's a direct bolt in and has good cup holders for the front and back seats.

An adapter to make a better design from another existing vehicle bolt in easily.

A coil over or struts to replace the torsion bar setups while retaining the IFS would be interesting

I'm not sure what the gain would be unless you changed everything, you would still be limited by the existing geometry and CV angles. Better to leave it alone or SAS IMHO.

A better choice for bolt in headlight replacement. More up to date technology.

Once you re-wire the headlights with decent wire and a relay and add a good bulb, I think it is all you can expect from a factory headlight. With the prevalence of auxiliary lighting from driving lights to HID and LED, just buy what you want and bolt it on. I like the old, stock glass lenses myself. The stupidest chore I have is to polish the plastic headlights on the wife's Matrix every year. :rolleyes:

A tranny cooler/filter/gauge kit (everything needed in one place) would probably be popular

Seat mount adapters as well.

Cheaper gear options, but then the Xterra 4.9s are good enough for most.

I'll chime back in after I have thought about it...

B

I like the twin cooler idea. And gear options make sense, I still think we need more options for mounting a winch, heck we can't even get a front-end receiver hitch without it being a custom built. Might as well hv bumper built and have a receiver built in.

Beings that the torsion bar suspension is identical to the Cadillac Eldorado kinda weirds me out, besides the fact the more you crank up the rougher the ride gets, a coil over may not give you any more height but I'm sure you would have a smoother ride, with a front axle drop bracket you could keep your geometry more in line with alignment needs.

A side effect of getting more companies making parts from the tie rod to the engine and everything in between, would be pricing would have to go down for us spending the hard earned cash and then maybe we get more people building a pathfinder instead of the other guy's products..just in MY opinion. Lol

I would like to see the trail master 4" drop down kit come back, or something similar to drop the front diff / ifs components and stronger cv shafts beefed up to easily handle 35's, just my ideas..

The ifs torsion bar delete would be an awesome idea, something like a lengthening UCA and LCA to give you more travel have the tire stick out a little farther aswell, a long travel set up, would be cool but the cost would probably be as much as a sas. Would be hard to justify it.

Cheaper gears would be very nice, when I told my jeep buddy gears just for the rear would cost $400-$500 he had a good laugh...

A good way to easily swap in a twin stick tcase. I want to put a locker in the front end, it would be great to be able to pull it out of 4lo into 2lo on the really tight corners we have here.