Fuel injector wiring/connector repair (damn rats!)

TXPower

100$ is way too much for an injector harness. The main harness is massive and they may want 100$ for that but the injector harness is completely separate from the ecu harness for reference. I am positive on that. It's much smaller and shouldn't go for more than 20-40$ depending on the yard.

The injector harness is attached to the main harness on your passenger side valve cover. There are 4 plugs there that lead to the harness that goes to the injectors and then lead under and around the intake plenum.

If you pull the upper and lower intake plenum, then u can remove it as you go. The reason the lower plenum has to come off is that one part of the injector harness goes to the knock sensor and that's in the valley between the heads on the top of the block about 1/3 of the way from the back.

When you do your vg33 swap you have to tear the motor down that far anyway so that would be the best time to do it, but if you just want to get the thing running then that's the method.

You can just pull the injector harness out of any 90-95 pathfinder. Auto and manual are the same. If anyone knows a difference let me know but I've never seen any in the 6 or 7 times I've pulled apart pathy engines. Swap that into your truck with a new set of 2x lower intake plenum gaskets and 1x upper gasket and you will be good to go.

Pulling the plenum can be a pain but its not that bad once you've done it before.

If u want any tips on pulling the plenum then that's another post, Haha

Edited by Nefarious

Yeah, the $100 bucks is for ALL the wiring under the hood. I didn't realize I had to pull the lower manifold to get the knock-sensor portion of the injector sub-harness off. That changes things. I likely will buy new injector connectors from rockauto.com to get by and get this thing running. In the meantime, I'll keep looking for a JY that has what I need for a better price. I already have the plenum off. Hardest part was the two little rubber hoses that were petrified and hard as concrete at the back that connect to the metal pipes. That sucked........... I'll get there.

TXPower