Junior Mudding

jyeager

Hey, a few weeks ago I tried to take my 12 year old to a wet trail in the woods for his first off-road excursion. I even put him behind the wheel and had him get us stuck (in 2wd). Then I had him put it in 4wd to continue on...as soon as he did, without even beginning to give it gas, the hub flange bolts sheered off and the hub began to spin.

We were stuck!

After getting it fixed, we went for a 2nd try and I even got out and let him drive all by his lonesome.

Check out the video.

http://youtu.be/iZ_YpMtES7U7

• Like 2

No worky

Sorry! I just checked it out and it's publically viewable and works for me (without being authenticated) on 4 different browsers....

Are you on a business network that has blocked youtube by any chance?

wow he looked great going through there just as calm as could be, nice job :) I've done roughly the same thing with my son, letting him drive offroad and eventually went solo. Good stuff man.

Very cool.

Three comments:

1) You have great taste in vehicles and accessories!

2) Nice truck (looks just like mine when it was stock... many many years ago)

3) Nice bike rack. I have the same 1-up rack that I can swap between my Pathy and car. However, because I have a custom rear swing-out tire carrier on my rear bumper, I also have a Bladerunner swing-out mount so that I can open my tire carrier and hatch without having to remove the bikes.

Very cool.

Three comments:

1) You have great taste in vehicles and accessories!

2) Nice truck (looks just like mine when it was stock... many many years ago)

3) Nice bike rack. I have the same 1-up rack that I can swap between my Pathy and car. However, because I have a custom rear swing-out tire carrier on my rear bumper, I also have a Bladerunner swing-out mount so that I can open my tire carrier and hatch without having to remove the bikes.

Hey, thanks for mentioning the Bladerunner. Is that a universal device? Or a full bike rack solution? It looks like I could just use my 1Up bike rack with it.

I have been wondering what to do about my bike rack if I choose to go with a rear tire carrier because the roof rack isn't as convenient for thru-axle bikes and I will probably eventually want my roof for gear or a tent or something other than bikes.

The bladerunner is a universal device. You can slide any 2" receiver bike rack into it. It's very well-built. The only downside is that it's just as expensive as a new bike rack. Otherwise, it is awesome.

I used to have a BVG swing-out rack like the Thule Revolver or Yakima Swingdaddy, but those racks hold the bikes by the top tube, and I wanted to use one rack (the 1upUSA) for both of my vehicles. So I sold the BVG and bought both the 1upUSA (1.25" receiver, so it fits in my car's hitch, plus the included 2" adapter) and the Bladerunner (just for my Pathy).

Edited by XPLORx4