89 Pathfinder Manual Trans (need help)

jeph

okay so the trans in my pathfinder is going to go out any day now, the bearings inside it are soo blown, and cant even use 5th gear because the bearing is so loud.

my question is, i have a trans from a nissan hardbody that was v6 and 4wd and same year, this trans will work on my pathy right?

also before i put the trans in i want to replace every bearing inside it just to be safe, has anyone taken one of these apart on here with some pics? i cant find any on here or google would probably help if i knew the tranny code.

any help appreciated thanks!

So long as they've both got the VG30, the transmissions should interchange. I'm sure someone on here's done a rebuild (and the FSM details it) but I don't remember seeing pics.

IIRC the shape of the shift lever for the Hardbody transfer case is a little different, and people use them with body lifts. Shouldn't be a problem, and if it is, you can just swap for your old one.

cool thanks guys im going to do the rebuild this weekend and then study on how hard it is to change out the hydraulic lifters because im positive a few of mine on the passenger side are not working, looks like they shouldnt be to hard to change.