OME Suspension SS Brake Line Extension?

Karmann

So I'm piecing together my OME Lift- already have MD front coils, and ordering 1" spacers up front. I'm going with the standard MD springs out back (should, on the likely chance the Jeep springs not fit.) I'm planning on converting my brake lines to braided Stainless, and my question is should I buy stock length or 2in extension?

Thanks!

I'm converting to SS AN line, I'm ordering an extra inch, just in case.

Where you having the lines done or getting them from?

-Kyle

They actually have Goodridge SS lines on AutoAnything now, so with free shipping and 15% off, out the door should be around $90-something. The kit comes with the front lines, rear splitter and rear line. Plus other hardware. I'm planning on putting them in myself, and hope to fix the poor pedal feel.

So I'm piecing together my OME Lift- already have MD front coils, and ordering 1" spacers up front. I'm going with the standard MD springs out back (should, on the likely chance the Jeep springs not fit.) I'm planning on converting my brake lines to braided Stainless, and my question is should I buy stock length or 2in extension?

Thanks!

I just did OME lift medium duty all around last week. PM me so I can give you some tips.

• Like 1

They actually have Goodridge SS lines on AutoAnything now, so with free shipping and 15% off, out the door should be around $90-something. The kit comes with the front lines, rear splitter and rear line. Plus other hardware. I'm planning on putting them in myself, and hope to fix the poor pedal feel.

Nice, i know we were struggling to find those earlier in the year.

BUT...i'd rather go AN, its the same price, even with the discount...

-Kyle

• Like 1

Since I was ordering the kit and it was a matter of KISS, I ordered the lines from Krypton Fabs as well.

FYI: From his site. http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=2

Braided stainless steel extended brake lines (front) - Add: $80

Braided stainless steel extended brake line (rear) - Add: $55

Nice, i know we were struggling to find those earlier in the year.

BUT...i'd rather go AN, its the same price, even with the discount...

-Kyle

What's AN exactly? AutoNothing? :laugh:

Edited by Karmann

Army Navy, it's those fancy blue and red fittings all the drag racers use. Tons of aftermarket companies make their own version of it, and make every sort of adapter you could think of...

-Kyle

Ah gotcha, I think Stioc has the same kit as what I'm looking at, so I think I may just stick with it. I hate my brakes so far. That and how the pathy tries to do a swan dive any time I hit them hard, but that's more suspension tuning hahaha

The ones I got are the Goodridge ones and they're a very tight fit! In fact, my driver's side one pulled the metal slip-on mount right out at full steering lock. I now have it zip-tied. I wish I'd gotten the slightly longer lines if I knew that these ones would be so tight :(

EDIT: if you want to improve the braking the best setup I've found (after three different brake pads that I tossed in the trash with just a few thousand miles on them) is brand new rotors and Hawk SUV brake pads. I got the Duralast Gold rotors from Autozone which come with a good warranty. The pads are much better than the Autozone or the EBC 7000 pads. With my E rated 32" tires the Hawk pads work a lot better...as good as can be expected from the so-so factory setup. If there was a way to fit the Titan or newer Pathfinder calipers and master cylinder that would be a great setup. Alas too many ideas and not much time.

Edited by stioc
  • Like 2

The ones I got are the Goodridge ones and they're a very tight fit! In fact, my driver's side one pulled the metal slip-on mount right out at full steering lock. I now have it zip-tied. I wish I'd gotten the slightly longer lines if I knew that these ones would be so tight :(

EDIT: if you want to improve the braking the best setup I've found (after three different brake pads that I tossed in the trash with just a few thousand miles on them) is brand new rotors and Hawk SUV brake pads. I got the Duralast Gold rotors from Autozone which come with a good warranty. The pads are much better than the Autozone or the EBC 7000 pads. With my E rated 32" tires the Hawk pads work a lot better...as good as can be expected from the so-so factory setup. If there was a way to fit the Titan or newer Pathfinder calipers and master cylinder that would be a great setup. Alas too many ideas and not much time.

Beat you to it, I already have Hawk Golds :laugh: But yes, for me it's still not enough, as I have a pretty frustrating shake/squirm when applying medium pressure. So since I've turned the rotors and put on new pads, I think I'll order some new calipers. I'd just like help with pedal firmness, and your review just confirmed my suspicions with the lift and the SS lines. :happy:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just fitted Powerstop rotors & Hawk SUV pads, it's unbelievable how different the brakes are now! Really good brakes finally!

I found that one of my main pins (that slide in & out) was seized, so new calipers for me with new braided brake lines. I also got new wheel bearings for the front.

• Like 1