Nissan IDx concept (Finally a BRZ/FR-S Competitor)

Karmann

I really like the Nissan IDx Concept, seems to have a really nice link to the 510, and hopefully will make it to production and give the BRZ/FR-S a run for their money.

Here's the MotorTrend article http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/1311_nissan_idx_concept_2013_tokyo_motor_show/

Nissan-IDX-concepts-021_zps7f449e6e.jpg

Finally a simple interior!

422157_3047_big_2013-nissan-idx-freeflow

I really hope it makes it to production.

That is a nice throwback to the 510. I openly flamed Ford (Mustang), Chevrolet (Camaro), and Dodge (Charger) this. I also openly flame Hollywood for having no sense of originality anymore but, I guess I am a little biased for this one.

• Like 1

I have no problem with most 'retro' designed newer cars (as long as they do the generation they are paying homage to justice and ain't a PTCruiser)

I can dig it (besides the Cube sourced looking wheels-to me and the Grandmas Malibu beige paint). I'd still like to see stripped out base models badged Datsun though

I'm personally incredibly disappointed. I was REALLY hoping for a new s-chassis. I have had my s13 for damn near a decade and it is still my favourite vehicle. I like datsun 510s but i LOVE 240SX's so...for me it was a major bummer. It is *kind of* cool, but the CVT transmission and 1.2-1.5L engine just made me puke a little in my mouth....the lack of side bolstering on the seats also leads me to believe it will no be going around corners very fast....

Definitely not going to be sporty at all with a CVT. CVT equipped vehicles are the most boring cars in the world to drive. I really hope they step up to the plate and release a new throwback to the s-chassis and make it rwd, at least 1.6-1.8L and turbo with a manual trans and I would actually consider buying a new vehicle. Otherwise ill stick with my 1991 240SX sitting in the driveway and will never buy a new nissan. If only they realized how many people would buy a new S-chassis car!!!!! It's like they are ignoring the demand on purpose, I really don't get it.

Edited by Nefarious

niche people don't make as many new car purchases as the general public so they will get more catered to than people who breath for a certain platform of a specific car. Example: I love my 2 door Pathfinder and 2 door suv's period (they just seem to hold more of that "I'm based off a pickup and ain't ashamed of it" to me and though my wife and I have a 4 door suv, a 2 door suits my needs perfectly). Would I love to see 2 door suvs come back? Heck yea. The general population buying a new suv though is familys who an Altima would fit their needs perfectly but have to have a bigger 4x4/awd. A 2 door ain't going to sell to them as well so there is no need to design one for a few dated dorks who are gonna keep their ancient ones anyway. All about the almighty dollar now

Well as long as there's a manual option, I'll be happy. There's been rumors floating around for a while that Nissan would do something like this, and I don't think the design is as blatantly retro as Mustang, Camaro etc. My thinking is, if we all went retro with car designs, then we'd still be stuck with the Model T. But this has enough new and somewhat curvy touches to keep it interesting. Would I like more curves? Yes, curves are always better (ask Beyonce :laugh: ) but for what it is, this is solid.