steering/center link problem helpppp

jeph

okay so i have a 1989 v6 4wd pathy, i recently bought all new ball joints and tie rod ends and tension rod bushings, i replaced everything and for some reason my inner tie rod ends are loose inside the center link has anyone ever had this problem??

center link is brand new and all joints are new but even when i tighten the inner tie rod ends with a impact gun i can still wiggle the ball joint shaft inside the center link like the center link hole was too big?

my question is did they send me the wrong center link? or are the ball joints too small?

You can use inner TRE's from a late WD21, there is no "exact" changeover date, Generally the changeover is in the 92/93 years with most 92 and under being Small Taper and most 93 and up being Large Taper, so if you go 94/95 you should be safe.

But I suggest you take them off and see which is actually wrong, the TRE's or the CL. I would imagine that it is the CL. And get that replaced that way your consistent throughout the steering. Oh and there is no "advantage" to either taper.

• Like 1

okay so i found out the centerlink i bought was for a 94 pathfinder and they wont let me return it.. so can i just use inner tie rod ends for a 94 so they fit inside the centerlink the right way? easier to buy new tie rod ends then a new 127$ centerlink for my year.