Right side CV axle binding , but left is not ?

Beatup96

After installing the AC 2" lift with AC 1" strut spacers and Mile Marker locking hubs on my 1996 XE 4wd , it seems that the right (passenger) side CV axle is binding but the left side is fine ?

Just got off the phone with my mechanic friend who has the truck up on the lift right now .

I'm going to look at the problem in a few , but as he explains it , when he turns the right wheel with the hubs locked the shaft binds about 3 times for each revolution of the wheel , causing the differential to move each time it binds .

Both CV axles were changed out when the lift was installed using new EMPI parts from Rockauto .

I'm thinking I might stop by NAPA on the way over and try switching the right side out with a NAPA part .

Any suggestions other than that ?

The mechanic seems to think that the angles on each side are the same , could it be something to do with the Mile Marker hub on the right side ?

From what I have read. Its probably the angle.

What seems to be common is to run without the strut spacers for a few months or 2k miles or so. To let the front springs settle in, then install the spacers and you should be good to go.

Otherwise, could try a different CV axle.

I agree, 3 inches of lift will make cvs act funny. It wouldn't hurt to buy another cv shaft, could be a faulty part? Then if it doesn't work, you have a spare for the road.

Yeah , I had lurked for quite a while before actually doing anything to the truck and knew that going 3" could be a problem .

I had seen where some CV shafts had worked for one person but not the other and it could end up being a "what if" situation

It seems that changing out the EMPI part with the remanufactured NAPA part did the trick .

I drove it 10 miles or so after the switch with the hubs locked and in 2wd and the binding isn't there now .

4wd works , no binding .

Thanks everyone for your input !