Magnaflow Cat fit?

aj503

So I was having some issues passing smog and after replacing some of the usual culprits I decided to throw on a new cat, got a magnaflow 22765 which is supposed to be a bolt on. Problem is that this new cat is 3 inches shorter flange to flange and also has a different air tube setup that the stock jobber...

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to get around the the differences?

Thanks in advance.

AJ

• 3 weeks later...

22765 is the correct part number from Magnaflow. Iis a direct bolt on application. I have put these on three 4WD pathfidners and one 4wd Hardbody truck in the past and the have fit fine, though can be a PITA getting the old one off.

I suspect either the item you got was misboxed/misslabled or there had been some sort of exhaust work on your truck done in the past that altered the original factory setup. If you can post a pic of what you have I can take a look at it as well.

I replaced the muffler and tailpipe a couple weeks ago with a bolt/ weld on that fit perfectly. So I think it is all stock...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I have run both the TBI and MPFI PN on each of my trucks. Both fit fine. Me thinks you got a defective part.
Find the part on their website, there will be a picture with measurements. Measure and verify.

I checked the site and with their customer service about it and it is the right part for the part number and for the application according to them... It all measures the way it is supposed to...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...

Zombie'ish thread update... haha... Anyways I cut the flanges off the old cat and made an extension that just bolted up to cover the difference. Not pretty but it works fine.