Knock sensor location

thorpe991

So yesterday my service engine light came so I took it to autozone to get it checked they said it was the knock sensor causing the light to be on I'm going to get the sensor from rock auto as they are about 40-50 bucks cheaper then every where's else is it something I could do in my driveway or should I take it to a shop?

I have the 3.3 v6 and the guy at autozone said you can relocate them so there easier to get to is this true?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Is it the 325 code? I have had the 325 on for about a year and it alone won't turn the ses light on. Its just one of those codes that gets stored and noticed when something else triggers the ses.

• Like 1

Is it the 325 code? I have had the 325 on for about a year and it alone won't turn the ses light on. Its just one of those codes that gets stored and noticed when something else triggers the ses.

Same as me, it's supposed to be the "heated rear O2 sensor". Mine comes & goes depending on the fuel level :shrug: I replaced my evap canister & valve, O2 sensor is next.

Reset the code and see if it comes back. It may not light the CEL, so you'd have to scan manually. It might just be a bad tank of gas too.

it came on after half a tank of fresh gas(filled up full 5 -6 days before it came on) and im not sure which code number it was

• 2 weeks later...

Ya they said that my idle air flow was going off to but I tweaked a hose on my custom intake and it went off so its just the knock sensor

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

im not sure of the year of your pathy, but a knock sensor does not throw a CEL when it is bad, mine has been bad since i have owned the it for 5 years and no CEL unless something else is amiss.

If you take it to a shop, be ready for about 3-5 hours of labor time, it took my friend and I about 4 hours of cursing and complaining to get at my factory location.

I'm not a fan of the relocation idea, IMHO if Nissan put in on the V of the engine valley, THEN DANGIT JIM I'M PUTTING IT BACK IN THE ENGINE VALLEY! :lol:

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

If you take it to a shop, be ready for about 3-5 hours of labor time, it took my friend and I about 4 hours of cursing and complaining to get at my factory location.

I'm not a fan of the relocation idea, IMHO if Nissan put in on the V of the engine valley, THEN DANGIT JIM I'M PUTTING IT BACK IN THE ENGINE VALLEY! :lol:

-Kyle

haha ya i get what you mean by the relocation but iv talked to a couple of people around my area that have the xterra with 3.3l v6 and looked at there setups and it looks to me as the same motor and they have theirs on top of the intake so im going with the relocation instead because of easiness and i don't have a very long attention span or patience now my issue is to actually order my knock sensor and wiring instead of putting my money into stuff that doesnt need to be fixed on my pathfinder

so i have been looking into caming my camaro and it got me thinking has anyone camed a pathfinder and is there even parts to do it??