Buying new tires in a week or so...

TrailChaser

I want to get 32x11.50x15. I still have my stock 95 wheels and I'm pretty sure they're 15x6... I know it's a no no to put tires that wide on this rim unless you do alot of rock crawling (which I don't do, unless you consider curbs in the city rocks) I plan on getting 15x8 wheels when I come across a good deal on the ones I want.

My main question is: will those 32x11.50's fit w/o rubbing on a stock 95 pathy. Or should I just go with the 31x10.50's??? Also does anyone know what the difference in gas mileage would be between the different sizes?

You would have to do major fender trimming to fit 32's on an unlifted Pathfinder.

Also, the stock chrome wheel size is 15x7- so even though it's still not the best idea to put 11.50 tires on, it's not going to be that big of a problem.

I'd stick with 31x10.50 because the loss in power and gas mileage doesn't make up for the gained height and maybe traction. Basically, a 1 inch difference in tire isn't going to help you so much that it's worth the extra money for gas and the aggravation of power loss. Unless that's what you're into.

From what I understand, DITTO. I have 10.5x31" on my pathy and they clear just fine... Start getting taller, wider and messing with the backspacing; no promises... Is the gain worth it ?? I dont know... Maybe just more agressive tires in the smaller pattern will equal the larger size in traction. But then I have to ask; If it is just for curb crawling, why bother ?? Don't be a poser... enjoy what you have and put the $ in the bank... You will be glad for it, and not look lame...

Bernard

I thought the chrome steels were 6" and the alloy Legos were 7"... correct me if I'm wrong. I've got 31x10.50x15's on my Legos (5"BS) and there is some rubbing at full lock. Not much, but it's there.

If you were to go to an 8" rim with say a 3.75" or 4" BS for your 31's, you'd be happier. As it's been mentioned, no way will 32's fit without lifting and/or cutting.

post-6-1106449176.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Does this mean 31x10.50 won't fit on the chrome wheels? 6 inches seems to narrow to fit 10.50's on.

I too was under the impression that 31x10.5 wouldn't fit on the 6in chrome wheel, so I got a set of 7ins, but mounted my bald spare on the 6in and it looks allright. if you dont airdown alot I think it would be ok.