check this one out! :(

Kyle94

Video is set to public, so any one can watch. BUt yeah...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=577369765633489&set=vb.100000814125250&type=3&permPage=1

Don't know what it is, im gonna dig into the TB tomorrow, and IACV, and mess with a few things. but up above 2k it's better, but still has a really random miss. not throwing any codes either. soon as the torque converter locks up, you better hang on! lol

Oddly enough, you might be able to place your hand on the dizzy and twist it clock/anti-clockwise to check if the lock bolt has become loose. That is how I somewhat determined that my timing was off when I had the mud sickness. Probably not your issue but, had to throw the idea out there!

You can try cleaning everything up and seeing how it reacts.

? Didnt someone on here replace the upper bearing in a distributor recently? Thought I read a thread on it.

Either way, Amazon the distributors are cheaper, and if you want just certain components; Ebay.

Upon further inspection. .

I drove it to work acting up. Went to leave work about five hours later and it was fine... Drive all the way home with no issues. 9miles. Fixed the clunky. Took it for a drive. Ran like sheit all over again. So it's only after it gets fully warmped up. That makes me think the dizzy isnt the culprit.

Edited by Kyle94

So, was the previous owner selling to you because of multiple problems? Hope you got 'er cheap!

I'd replace the cap and rotor, first. Then spring for the $150 distributor if that doesn't clear it up. The distributor issue was on the 99+, if I recall from the threads that I've read.

Clean it off and look at the contacts? I'm still leaning toward air/fuel, since it doesn't happen at high rpms.

Edited by 96Pathfinder4x4

Oh. It happens at higher rpms. Just not as repetitive as down low. It jumps and jolts every once in a while up above 4k as well.

The cap and rotor and everything under it have brown/ red dust all over. Buut I'm getting a dizzy for 75$ soon. So that will be fixed. But since it's a warm only thing... It has be lost. :(

That's the thing. It didn't have these problems when I bought it. It was just really dirty and the guy and his wife had brand new cars. Otherwise if it had all this crsp I woudknt have bought it. Not even for $1,800

Cleaned the TB.... Now it's throwing 4! yes 4! codes. two knock sensor codes (same codes), and the maf code twice as well. it runs like crap all the time. and barely moves unless i floor it. and then it still stumbles.... i'm really lost as to what i did. the air intake boot was cracked. but i sealed it up. no change...

not that i can tell... i was poking around (after it threw codes) unplugging, wiggling, moving. nothing made a difference. Smh... I dont know what it's problem is... but whatever i did made it MUCH worse.

Ignore the knock sensor code for now that is a symptom from the other codes. Take a deep breath, when my distributor went I had exactly the same issues. Put your new distributor in clear the codes and see how things are. One thing at a time more than that and you will drive yourself crazy and waste a lot of time and money.

• Like 1

I used a can of throttle body and carb cleaner. Idr which brand.

I'm paying for a dizzy today. Should be here by the time I get back from vacation on Monday. Maybe. Really hope it fixes it

You used carb cleaner on the MAF? :headwall: Or is that the "TB & Carburetor Cleaner" can? Either way, MAF sensor cleaner spray or isopropyl alcohol (preferably 91%) only!

Edited by Towncivilian

.? Still no update. Went camping and left it at home for four days. Haven't gotten back to it yet. Waiting for my "new" dizzy to come in the mail. :( still not sure if that's gonna fix it. We shall see...

Lol. I actually am growing to love it. Rides better. Better mpg. When it'd it not broke and using gas like a tank... And it's got @!*% loads of storage. Something a wd doesn't have that I love. Dizzy is in the po as of right now. And will begin it's journey tomorrow. Lets cross our fingers and hope this fixes it. Because after that. I'm at a loss.