audio wiring

stabworthy

I’m replacing all the audio, i want to use the factory wiring. Have the fsm but it does not show once it goes the connector what happens to it , there is not in and out , I have no idea what turns into what. I basically what to bypass the amps .(mine are gone)could I get a pin out , a layout , a sketch ,” white wire to red w/ white stripe” or something . I have figured out what wires go from the amp to the four speakers.

side note : am I the only one who think it is dumb, that the front speakers are ran to the rear to the amp then back ?

That's why I always run fresh wires for car audio installations. First of all the factory wiring gauge is pretty puny. To get the best sound quality, you definitely want to replace the piddly stock wires. It's also a lot cleaner installation when you know exactly what wires are for what (when u go to change something years down the road and don't remember the factory wires again).

it is totally stupid how the factory wires are run and even further decreaes the sound quality with how much resistance is built up with all those lengths of thin gauge wire.

I wish I had asked this question. I'll be digging through these links tonight.

I used the factory wiring and cut the amps out. I'm not running massive speakers up front, (Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" components). I couldn't figure out how to get wires into the doors.