My new project ('31 Ford Model A Pickup)

Karmann

So over the weekend, I just picked up another project vehicle- a 1931 Ford Model A pickup. I figured I would share :happy:

All the parts on it are original with no rust, so I'm one happy camper. It ran last year, and has a few dimples, but I kinda prefer it since it was designed strictly as a truck afterall.

IMG_1862G_zpsc2116e34.jpg

IMG_1856G_zpsd16bf9d2.jpg

IMG_1882G_zpsf026fd5d.jpg

IMG_1892G_zps4d049212.jpg

IMG_1874G_zps62b71de0.jpg

A blazing 40hp

IMG_1883G_zpsa2131911.jpg

Original hood ornament

IMG_1895G_zpsdc24d1f5.jpg

Very tall and skinny tires...

IMG_1894G_zpsff3512e1.jpg

A reproduction gas ration card

IMG_1888G_zps5282655a.jpg

Right now I'm seeing if the battery will hold a charge, and I'm going to drain the tank and move up from there.

Hope you enjoyed!

• Like 1

That looks really nice!

My first VW was 40hp, so I know the pain... :lol:

B

Notice the Karmann Ghia across the driveway, it's the other 40 horse unit :laugh:​ The old ford has the same top speed too!

That's fantastic! The dash cluster is a work of art! Looks like a modern electrical system with the alternator, is it updated to 12v?

Thank you, and it really is amazing- you actually see the fuel slosh around in the gauge, and the speedo rotates around panoramically. I love it. And I'm not quite sure, though looking at the fixtures I don't think so, it may just be an alternator upgrade from a generator....

I honestly have a lot to read, I know a good amount about aircooled VWs, and obviously Pathfinders and odds and ends, but nothing like this. :handlebars: Learning is always good though!

Plans? Please say keeping in an original condition! Pics hide a multitude of sin but looks too there to cut it up into a rod or make it a 'shivers' ratrod.

I'm planning on keeping it original and for the most part leaving it alone. I like the "commercial" truck look, without all the chrome etc. and it's pretty much already there.

I personally hate model A hot rods, so don't fret :) If I were to hop something up, it'd be a 32 repro with the 5.0 coyote motor or a 49 Merc lead sled.