Need a beast of a bumper

Mknabb335

Yeah it all depends on whether or not you want to put a winch on there. Otherwise, the t17 is a good choice. If you do some searching around the 96+ Pathy forum, you'll find a link the the website that sells the TJM bumpers. I'll try to look for it later.

DJ

Check www.4x4connection.com. I know they carry the TJM bumpers for the early R50s. There is no ARB available for a 97 Pathfinder. The ARB Sahara bar you're thinking of is specific to the newer body style, because of changes in contours.

4x4Connection has the T-17 for $379 on sale right now. And you can mount up to a 9000 lb winch to it. The difference between the T-17, and the discontinued T-15 is that the T-15 has the added bars that go around the grille and headlights and rubber or plastic bumper jobbies on the front.

A guy in Tennessee has the T-17, and had bars made to make it look like a T-15 for about $200 less than what it would cost for a T-15. TJM is still producing the Aluminum T-15 for the R50s, but not the steel ones. Personally, I think the aluminum one's are hideous.

There is also the T-13 in aluminum, but it's butt ugly.

If I were you, I'd go for a T-17, and have bars bent and welded to it, and paint it. You can have all of this done for under $550 if you're creative, and for even less if you do the welding yourself. That's what I'm doing, but I just need to find a bender and a MIG welder.... P...

Hell yeah I really appreciate the feed back. I think I am leading towards the T-17, looks cool and pretty indestructable, plus the fact it is on sale. I would deff. paint it black since my patthy is black. I agree the aluminum finish is butt, especially on pathfinders..... saw a pic. :oops: I think I might actually take some peices off of my some what destoyed brush guard weld them on to the T-17. Who knows :shrug: .