Rear hatch will not lock unless the glass is open?

mfoley412

So to start off I kind of recently backed up into a big concrete pillar with the spare tire carrier on. Dented the back hatch a little bit but luckily didn't do much damage it is mostly superficial. My problem is that my back hatch will not lock with the doors unless the glass is popped open.. I have been playing around with it, adjusting the twisty thing inside the door and messing with the actuators moving the lock around a bit.. but I cannot get it to change. the actuators did not get moved or damaged and neither did anything else that i can tell that has to do with opening and unlocking the door because the door shuts and opens smoothly... the little button on the bottom of the door locks it and pops the window open at the same time. very confused...

I think you might have a short? I don't know this is a strange problem, there is no signal to the lock, but when you lock it manual the window pops, Can you make the window pop itself with the key (I think you can do this if I'm correct) maybe the key cylinder is busted, it is some what at the right height, damn this is going to bug me lol

the key works half of the time, the other half of the time it doesnt want to turn, but it pops open and locks down but only with the door unlocked. The door though will not lock unless the glass hatch wont lock, maybe it just needs to be adjusted to the perfect spot... it is very frustrating.

Damn, obviously you have taken the back off, does everything look fine? I'm pretty sure it all electronically control, check the wires and connections, if you have an electrical meter, meter out the contacts, It sounds like a short, two wires closed together were crushed and it's misleading the lock, if you know what I mean. Take some pictures, I'm interested in seeing this damage

Sounds to me like the sheet metal's pushed in and making the actuator rods foul. Can you pop the metal back out from the inside?

Weird situation, thats what I am leaning towards as well.

I can't figure out how to put a picture up here. I ended up Solving the problem, basically just did a whole rearrangement of the mechanism/ actuators. Was very repetative opening and closing the hatch over and over pushing buttons screwing and unscrewing bolts ugh.. But my back door locks now WooHoo! and I managed to get the dent halfway out with some help from a buddy.

I use photobucket, just upload and copy the link, others use Flickr.

What that's good, I guess my electrical idea was outrageous, after I posted that I looked at the rear of my pathy (rear hatch was totally caved in) but I saw I bunch of rods and figured that it couldn't be electrical. What can I say, I'm an electrician by trade hahaha

• Like 1