"Meatier" muffler sound

theexbrit

I want a little more beefy sound from the muffler without doing a cat back, has anyone removed that last, tube shaped muffler box from the bit of pipe after the rear axle? If so, does it sound any better or does it sound like a fart in a bean can? :laugh:

Yup, I have, well didn't have a choice it fell off lol, you will but you will loose power, I welded a small down pipe to it to direct the exhaust below the rear axle

• Like 1

My hardbody had the cat cut off, just the muffler left, and that sounds loud and a whole lot worse than the pathfinder with the cut back, neighbours loooove it

• Like 1

Yup, I have, well didn't have a choice it fell off lol, you will but you will loose power, I welded a small down pipe to it to direct the exhaust below the rear axle

:laugh: A noticeable power loss? Did it affect gas mileage?

My hardbody had the cat cut off, just the muffler left, and that sounds loud and a whole lot worse than the pathfinder with the cut back, neighbours loooove it

:laugh: :laugh:

Unfortunately here in California they'd clap me in irons if the cat was missing, no way it would pass the emissions test. :lmao:

Lol well my hardbody got the gwb bumped up (something like that) so it doesn't need to be air cared! But the pathfinder I also had a small exhaust leak up front, I had poor mileage before and still had poor mileage afterwards, you will but I'm not sure by how much it was the same time I did my standard swap

Edited by cvdloc
  • Like 1

I had the catalytic converter off mine for a week a while back while doing some work.

Made the Hardbody sound like it had a Huge V8 in it or something. VERY loud when accelerating.

I had two people ask , one at a stop light and one at a gas station what I had in the truck under the hood.

LOL

In short.....its too loud!

• Like 1

my 87 hardbody had no cat, 2.25 pipe from the test pipe back with a Borla muffler, muffler and pipe was SS, I don't think it sounded to loud. I have video of it in 4 Low and 2wd. I liked how that set up sounded.

/>

I had the catalytic converter off mine for a week a while back while doing some work.

Made the Hardbody sound like it had a Huge V8 in it or something. VERY loud when accelerating.

I had two people ask , one at a stop light and one at a gas station what I had in the truck under the hood.

LOL

In short.....its too loud!

Lol yes this has happened to me too, I just say its a tough sounding 4banger, aka a small person with a loud voice hahah

From the look of it, it's straight piped with a small off set, into the muffler then a 5" straight tail piece, ends 2' ish from the rear axle, looks a bit bigger than 2" probably the same size as yours ahardb0dy. Sounds mean, but has no guts lol loudest and last off the line

Did you have the 4 or v6? Hell I couldn't imagine running any bigger than 31! Although I have seen someone with the 4banger running 37's and Dana 44 front and rear, don't know how that thing moved lol but I can't wait to upgrade... 4bt *droool*

A 100?! Mph of course, lol when the pickup gets going it gets going hahah just give it sometime... Or a hill lol

Edited by cvdloc

Yeah i only got a tiny 4banger in my 87 with standard, gears... No idea, defiantly a difference from my 95 pathfinder, but then again I'm going on sound, pathfinder no tac speedo works, hardbody no speedo tac works lol

Lucky, I got clocked doing 90km threw a 50, warning, then next time, ticket, ticket, ticket, ticket, now I drive like a gramma lol I learned my lesson

Although I have seen someone with the 4banger running 37's and Dana 44 front and rear, don't know how that thing moved lol

He either regeared or it was a crawler and he didn't mind it took forever to get going.

/>/>

He either regeared or it was a crawler and he didn't mind it took forever to get going.

Regeared, 4.27? If I recall correctly

But still, that's a lot of weight! I'm worried about throwing my 31 mud terrains on

Edited by cvdloc