I am stuck replacing front brakes

Darek

I am replacing front brakes and I have a problem.

Right hub was very dry inside like there was no grease. One screw that was holding wheel bearing lock nut was fall out and second was loose. I took everything off from this hub (all bolts and torque member and cylinder body) but I can't take off the rotor. It is locked. How to remove that rotor?

Left hub was full of grease and I could take off the rotor. But bolts which where holding the torque member were very tight and I broke that two bolts ;(

How do you suggest to remove that broken bolts from the torque member body?

Rotor is off and broken bolts are off.

Now I am torquing the wheel bearing lock nut to 70lbs but I can't get even into 50 because rotor is spinning and I can't hold it by one hand. Is there any trick to lock the rotor?

You could put the caliper/pads back on & apply the brakes, or maybe lower it gently onto a block of wood just enough to stop the rotor from spinning :shrug:

I can't remember how I did mine. :scratchhead:

Yes as is mentioned, and also you can use everything from a jackstand to a wooden block that goes from the ground to a wheel stud and keep is from rotating. The key is to have the item at the right length so the wheel stud is at either 3 or 9 o'clock position, and if using a metal item make sure to have something softer inbetween that won't damage the threads on the wheel stud.

B

... and if using a metal item make sure to have something softer inbetween that won't damage the threads on the wheel stud.

B

This. Do not create another issue by damaging your threads on the studs.

All brakes are replaced and bled. But I think that brake pedal is too soft. Actually it was soft before I started replacing brakes.

I'll try to bleed the system one more time with more care.

I just don't know where LSV air bleeder (4WD models) is and how to bleed the master cylinder.