Who would like a cheap rear lift option?

What will you guys use for the front lift now? to go with these spacers? They show 2.5" spacers for the rear so would we need to go with something 3" to even out the stance on the R50s?

Edited by borninabarn

0002459_TOY-4CS-001.jpg_300.jpg
Toyota 4 Runner Rear Coil Spacer-2 inch lift

Have a 90-95 4 runner that sags in the rear? Need a little more lift than you have? Get a pair of these 2 inch rear coil spacers. Simple to install and maintains a factory ride quality. Constructed of machined UHMW, adds lift without the problems of a custom suspension kit.

Sold in pairs. ROADLESS GEAR.COM
SKU: TOY-4CS-001
$75.00
Qty:

I have the AC lift springs in the back and yes they fit. Now as for a metal ones I wont promise they will fit. When I put weight on these the popped into place. Which means they flexed. Metal wont. And yes for sure it is the 90-95 4runners.

Part Number: KT09100BK

Product Name: Rear Coil Spring Spacers - 1-1/4 Inch

Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $39.95

Thats what I ordered.

Thanks! great find linkinpark! I have the AC coils and 1" spacer up front, but i find when im loaded down for camping and wheeling that the rear is sagging a bit, these should do the trick.

There goes my new product :-( , But I applaud for the find.... To bad you did not find this before I worked my AS* off to make my aluminium ones.... I could have saved a lot of trouble and work... Ho well ...

Now find me a front bumper that will work on my r50 so I don't have to make it !

:-)

• Like 1

If I decide to go with the 2" Spacers above in this thread that I found surfing.To even out the stance on my R50 will I need to find a spacer of some sort that would be 2.5"? or like shoes and socks said I would probably have to go with new springs up front and I am assuming some sort of NX4 spacer with the new coil?Does the NX4 spacer only come in 1"? Can a person make their own spacers for the front ?

Do any of you have an NX4 Spacer that you have not installed yet?If so could you trace it out on a 8 x 10 sheet of paper with the measurements of the holes center to center and fax it to me if you have a fax machine at home? If you can that would be very helpful.PM me and I can give you my Fax # Thank You,

There goes my new product :-( , But I applaud for the find.... To bad you did not find this before I worked my AS* off to make my aluminium ones.... I could have saved a lot of trouble and work... Ho well ...

Now find me a front bumper that will work on my r50 so I don't have to make it !

:-)

Steve, please don't take this the wrong way because that's not my intent. I 100% support grassroots efforts even if it costs me a little bit more and I believe many people share this sentiment. However, only if it's a little bit more. As you can see there's demand here for this product but at a more reasonable price-point. I can't tell you how much you should sell your's for but I can tell you what is a reasonable price to me. Even if you sold your's for $90 I would buy them. Same goes for Daddyrim's spacers. My background is also engineering and I have a small lathe, welder etc at home so I know how much a 6" T-6061 round stock costs, how many spacers I can make out of it and what the laser cut pieces cost if I were to pursue this at a bigger scale so there's still a reasonable amount of profit there. Just my 2 cents.

If I decide to go with the 2" Spacers above in this thread that I found surfing.To even out the stance on my R50 will I need to find a spacer of some sort that would be 2.5"? or like shoes and socks said I would probably have to go with new springs up front and I am assuming some sort of NX4 spacer with the new coil?Does the NX4 spacer only come in 1"? Can a person make their own spacers for the front ?

Do any of you have an NX4 Spacer that you have not installed yet?If so could you trace it out on a 8 x 10 sheet of paper with the measurements of the holes center to center and fax it to me if you have a fax machine at home? If you can that would be very helpful.PM me and I can give you my Fax # Thank You,

What suspension do you have on your truck and how level does it sit? Let's assume you have +2" springs already which sit level and you want +1" then yes NX4 spacer up front and a 1-1.25" spacer in the rear will do the trick.

Making a spacer- sure anything is possible it depends how much time and effort you want to spend and if you have the tools (or a shop) to do it. If this is something you would enjoy and want to take it on as a project working with metal it can be done. The rear's are easier to make than the front.

I don't think it's ok to just copy someone else's design but you can use the thin paper-gaskets that come with the strut mounts as a template :)

Steve, please don't take this the wrong way because that's not my intent. I 100% support grassroots efforts even if it costs me a little bit more and I believe many people share this sentiment. However, only if it's a little bit more. As you can see there's demand here for this product but at a more reasonable price-point. I can't tell you how much you should sell your's for but I can tell you what is a reasonable price to me. Even if you sold your's for $90 I would buy them. Same goes for Daddyrim's spacers. My background is also engineering and I have a small lathe, welder etc at home so I know how much a 6" T-6061 round stock costs, how many spacers I can make out of it and what the laser cut pieces cost if I were to pursue this at a bigger scale so there's still a reasonable amount of profit there. Just my 2 cents.

I don't take it bad.... Seriously I was genuinely happy when you found this... I have to say though I do not share everything you said... You see, the rear spacers, my cost to have someone make them is alot higher that you think... I<m gonna be straight with you.. I make 20$ in profit for the rear , and the front spacers, I am thinking of stopping all this because last time I made 8$. They cost me 132 $ a pair to have them made....They are not even powdercoated at that price... so 90$ is really out of the questions You have to understand that I do not order 20 at a time, because they just don't sell that much... so I just offer the service for others that do not have time to search for a machinist etc... I wish I had the machinery that you have, because yes, at that point I would be making more.... but then you have to pay the machine monthly payment too....

Maybe you should offer your talent and machinery and make some.. I would have been the first one to buy...

:hide: Sorry, I thought you were making these yourself or at least buying a batch in bulk then selling them off. If you're having other shops build them that's a bit different and I can see how your own cost is higher

I would love to make some parts and I have written a couple of DIYs for simpler projects but my problem is time. I barely have time to work on my own truck without neglecting the family :( I've been wanting to build a couple of things for my truck and it ain't happening anytime soon :togo:

What suspension do you have on your truck and how level does it sit? Let's assume you have +2" springs already which sit level and you want +1" then yes NX4 spacer up front and a 1-1.25" spacer in the rear will do the trick.

Making a spacer- sure anything is possible it depends how much time and effort you want to spend and if you have the tools (or a shop) to do it. If this is something you would enjoy and want to take it on as a project working with metal it can be done. The rear's are easier to make than the front.

I don't think it's ok to just copy someone else's design but you can use the thin paper-gaskets that come with the strut mounts as a template :)

My 02 has just the stock suspension and I have 186,000 miles on it.I do have a new stk set of rear coils I bought early on before I joined on here otherwise I wouldn't have.I also have a new pair of KYB Gas-a-just shocks I picked up from Amazons ware house deals for $13 each.I just got my shock boots also just because? I am disabled and no SSDI yet so I am trying to achieve a 2" lift with the front even with the back somehow for the least amount possible.I haven't been on here long enough to know Fleurys or that he is the one where the NX4s come from.I am sure they a super nice and I would go that route but I am one of those that cant afford that much(I dont remember how much over $125 each maybe?) I do understand if he is having a machine shop make them the hourly rate to run a CNC/Machining is way up there.I have also seen front spacers that have a plate on one side and on the other side with a 2" hollow tube welded up at a slight angle and that looks pretty easy to make if that is an option? I thought the NX4 spacers were made by a big company and then it would be ok to use that as a template (Ok to use in my opinion) But since someone on here took alot of his time and brainwork to come up with these NX4s for himself and to help others and get them some Its not going to be ok to copy them(In my own opinion) I will try and figure something out? I wouldn't be so broke except I have not had an income since 2008 and waiting and fighting for my SSDI that I have paid into since I was 14 when I needed it.I have doctors that say I am crippled and can not work anywhere but I guess that's not enough for the damn Social Security.It doesn't make since to me anymore.Sorry guys venting Time for another pill.Born

Sorry to hear about the disability.

I would suggest saving up and getting the correct springs and struts. I know it's not what you want to hear but I always say 'I'm too poor to buy cheap stuff'. When you buy the right stuff you cry once. There are basically three springs available from OME, IronMan and AC. AC will give you the most lift but also the harshest ride and they're the most expensive set. I don't have any experience with Ironman. OMEs aren't too pricey ($150/pair) and I would highly suggest the Heavy Duty front springs (they come in Mediums too) if you want close to 2" lift. If your struts are old I highly recommend getting new KYB struts because you don't want to do the work twice- the old struts will not able to handle stiffer springs.

The NX4 spacers are for the front struts and are 1" thick. The front spacers with the hollow tubes you're talking about are meant to be for the SFD lift (sub-frame drop) but I supposed you could use them without the full SFD kit if they'll sell you. You could make your own but in the end I would say spend the $300ish for the front springs+struts and throw in the rear spring you already got. The rears are easy to change so you can always buy the rear set later. Goodluck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks to the original poster for mentioning this option. I successfully installed the Daystar 1.25" lift 9100's for a 4Runner this afternoon. Took about 30 minutes per side.

Notes:

- disconnect end links

- disconnect shocks

- disconnect panhard bar from axle

- support center pig with a jack

- lift body using side jack points

- raise body

- remove springs and isolators

- place spacer on axle spring mount

- replace spring ( I cheated with a spring compressor )

- lower body and allow springs to seat

- reconnect bar, shocks and end links

This spacer has given me over an inch of height and seated just fine after installation. No binding, no squeaks, no buyers remorse after dropping $35 on a reasonable lift. There's no reason to waste $75+ on the 4x4design spacers.

Thanks again!

@kdj

Your opinion in reguard to 4x4D...

I'm just under 1.25" after an 80 mile cruise. I suspect they'll settle down with my new shocks to about an inch total. The great thing about the Daystar spacers is that they go up to a 3" lift spacer for under $80. I suggest surfing craigslist or 4Runner forums prior to buying new. It seems the spacers are a beginner mod and are readily available used. I'll take photos tomorrow if the overall lift.