Foul smell will not start

So it turns out it was the new distributor the nut holding the rotor on came loose and fell down into the distributor shorting something out I assume...so I got it to run still wasnt running great though so I adjusted the distributor to try and catch timing ..well that has put me back at halt new distributor timing completely off ...anyone know the socket size for the crank?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmn...I better check mine...not that its causing the problem on my vehicle, more of a preventative measure...

Edited by Bluewulf73

Yea that nut coming off messed timing up so I set the crank pulley to 15°b.t.d.c and it starts and runs but idle is a little off ...it was dark when I finished last night so I have to adjust the distributor a little the get it dialed then drive around to see if those other codes come back

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Huh, P0180, fuel temp sensor A...never heard o' that one b4. :scratchhead:

At lease you're getting codes...mine won't gimme anything. :/

It is a sensor on the side of the air duct coming out of the air filter box.

P0160 is the bank 2 sensor 2 Oygen Sensor - P0160 No Activity Detected

is it plugged in???

P0100 and P0325 are probably caused by P0160.

Well, I just cleaned the crap out of my MAF and it started up strong, as usual, ran for about 10 minutes and just died. Started her back up and she was studdering bad. Im going to change the fuel filter Friday evening and see how that goes and then run her down to Advanced Auto and get codes. Its only 1.5 miles away but I hope it runs that long.

Anything other than the fuel filter and I'll have to have someone else do it. :(

I know both of you guys are having issues. I know my dealer, if I cant figure something out. They will do a diagnosis for $100. Yes, its $100 we shouldnt have to spend. But sometimes it just may be worth it. The only upside is the $100 goes to any repairs if I have them fix it. So, if the parts & labor are less than 100 I just let them fix it.

I know both of you guys are having issues. I know my dealer, if I cant figure something out. They will do a diagnosis for $100. Yes, its $100 we shouldnt have to spend. But sometimes it just may be worth it. The only upside is the $100 goes to any repairs if I have them fix it. So, if the parts & labor are less than 100 I just let them fix it.

been there done that... :/ they couldn't figure out the real issue...told me to bring it back when it happens all the time... :angry: