Pathy troubles

So I went by to see how things were going and its almost done. Ill be able to pick it up tomorrow after work. The tech working on it showed me some oil hoses... ewwwwwwww! They had so much build up that the 3/4 hoses were only about a 1/4" inside diameter. I was correct about almost all of the parts too, the entire truck is almost all original parts.

Ill list all the parts they repaired tomorrow night.

Well...truck's fixed! YAY!!!!!!!! :jig::jig: :jig:It was a lower IM to head gasket leak.

Unfortunately, my wife's had enough of this truck and she is urging me :whip: to sell it, roof top tent and everything. :angry::/:(

So, if anyone is interested, I will add a link to the thread containing specs and photos.

Edited by Bluewulf73

Here is the link...

Sadly, yes Rebelord. We are going through some stuff which dictates we will need a smaller, more economical vehicle over the next three to four years...(she's going for her Masters degree, as an excellent opportunity fell on her lap) and there will be no more wheeling/camping trips.

Here is the link to the sale thread 1998 Pathfinder LE for sale

In the long run, what's 3k going to do for you? I sold my very well loved 1972 Bronco under similar circumstances. Regretted it ever since, buy a commuter, keep your truck, you deserve it. I don't know you from Adam, but if you let your wife make these decisions, you may resent her down the road.

Otherwise, GLWS if its what you really want to do.

Hey AndyC,

Thanks for your input...

Not looking at buying anything new right now, just a little runabout she can use to go and come back-from school. A friend or hers is selling her 99 Civic with only 130,000 to my wife for only $1800 buckaroos and we already have a 2 year-old minivan which I will drive as I will be picking up and commuting with the kids more often than she will.

She put up with alot of my needs and wants while I was going to school and I owe it to her to do the same. I will not resent her (for too long) as I will get my choice of vehicles (perfect timing for a mid-life crisis, I might add) once she's done and we are both earning $$ again.

So, yes...we've been thinking and talking about her going back to school for a long time...and I guess, with the issues we've had with the trcuk (even though it is now fixed) the time has finally come for me to say good bye.

I too am in a similar position after this little fix session. So, for $1100 I got all new valve cover gaskets, MAF sensor, all new oil hoses (they were all caked with crud), oil change, all new clamps as the old ones were breaking, coolant flush, differentials cleaned out, steering fluid changed, new battery and positive cable replaced. Im now broke! Nothing done on the fuel system yet which needs to be done, now its surging a little, kinda like its starving for fuel. Oh yeah, need to change the transmission fluid too.

Aw no way man. As others have said and AndyC in particular if there's a way to keep it you should especially after all the time and money you put into it. That Civic for $1800 is a saving of $1200 over your truck...a car that could potentially be in need of at least $200-300 worth of maintenance right off the bat so now you're really saving less than $1k and potentially some MPGs but at the cost of giving up on something you guys could enjoy every now and again. I would say at least reconsider :)