To keep or remove running boards

Remove them for both form and function. Think about it .. when's the last time you put your foot on your running board to get into your Pathy? You will gain at least an inch or two "visually" when you remove them! Oh, as to the "function" of removing them .. you won't have to Armour-all them any more!

• Like 3

I think it all depends what you're going to be doing with the Pathy. Are you going to do serious wheeling? Is it a daily driver? How much do you use them? Do you have any shorties in your family? (I do in mine) Personally I am keeping mine on for protection (limited protection, yes but protection none-the-less) Once I can afford some sliders, I will be removing them and replacing them.

In my opinion, although the Pathy's look nice without since when removed, give the appearance of higher clearance, I need them for my shorty kids 'n Wivy. Especially with the 3" lift afforded by the OEM/NX4 combo.

It also depends what kind of running boards you have. Mine almost look like sliders, especially now that they are painted black. :happy:

Edited by Bluewulf73
  • Like 2

Thats one thing I have noticed. On the pre facelift Pathfinders. The steps actually are flush with the frame rails underneath. So, they are kinda a impromptu form of sliders, or some protection. But on the facelifted Pathfinders. They tend to hang lower that the frame rails underneath.

Thats the only reason I havent removed mine yet. But I think I might. They are pretty rusted. Keep getting cut going under for cleaning and oil changes.