Here for a friend, in Tuscaloosa, AL

gaterose

Hello everyone

I'm actually just here to find some info for a friend but figured I would join in case I have to post any questions.

He has an '03 Silver Pathy that's stock with a Yakima MegaWarrior right now. He's looking to put a couple inches under it and hopefully some 265/70R17s that he has a good hook on where he works.

His internet is down and he's not much of a tech guy so I told him I'd do the research and help him do whatever mods he ends up with.

I drive an '03 4runner with a pretty extensive list

Here's more info on my ride - gaterose build thread

... and a couple pictures, cuz I know most people love pictures.

8479469903_a9a558e794_c.jpg
8479473305_3895c6447a_c.jpg

I'll try to search as much as possible before posting rehashed threads, as an active member over on t4r.org I know how it is to have new members ask the same questions over and over.

Also, if anyone is interested in any of the LED bars like I have on my 4R feel free to PM me. I'm not a retailer/vendor but do have a good relationship with the manufacturer and have been hooking people on t4r.org up with tremendous deals by placing group orders.

Not a bad looking set up at all! We like to make fun of non-Nissans in general, but almost everyone drives other makes as well so it is just tongue-in-cheek. I'm liking the rear ladder...

For the 2001-2004 R50s, lifts can be had by 4x4parts.com (2" max IIRC) and a few other sources, all the way to a full sub frame drop as well for a max of 5-6" from Krypton Fabs. I don't have all the info in my noggin, but look/search in the R50 section, it has all been covered many times.

Thanks for the heads up on the light bar, can you give us more info on them? I suspect many people will be interested...

FYI, if you have questions, post in the existing thread or in the appropriate section. The New Members section doesn't see a lot of tech heavy traffic. Thanks for joining and the intro Bud. :beer:

B

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I have been checking the r50 subforum and found some good info. Still not 100% what to get, but I'll figure it out, the problem is that he is wanting to keep it cheap.

There's more info about the LED orders here- LED Buy, if it's worth sharing elsewhere on this forum let me know. I'm not trying to advertise since I'm not a retailer, but having a few extra buyers does help get the others' orders placed (I can't order until my orders are a certain size).

Here's more pics of my rig as requested

8480566030_63289470b1_z.jpg
8315722463_0bea968b5e_z.jpg
8170839650_73f3be4de7_z.jpg

Front lighting (29.5" 90W single row combo on bumper, 13.5" 72W & 2x 7.5" double row spot on rack)

8471641767_4670acf8cb_z.jpg

Rear lighting (2x 18W 3x3 flood in rear reflectors, 2x 18W 1.75"x6" spot on rack)

8471733309_90f5c3ac20_z.jpg

Front suspension

dsc6859.jpg

Older pics

6734943851_e4bd8ce4e8_z.jpg

6051242919_71ec79aeb6_z.jpg
6866226907_66c81a4710_z.jpg

My favorite

limecreek4r.jpg

I have way too many mods to list but the highlights are:

Radflo/Overland Warehouse 2.0 adjustable COs & rear shocks

Light Racing UCAs

32" BFG ATs on TRD/BBS 18s

aFe CAI

Expeditioneers engine skid

BAMF LCA skids

Gobi stealth rack with ladder

Tons of LEDs inside and out

'06 facelift - blacked out headlights with mini Morimoto bi-xenon retrofit, satoshi grille (i.e. I made the grille myself)

B-Quiet sound deadening throughout

Custom/stealth sub box

Lifts for the R50; there are 3 options really. The Old Man Emu springs; from Rocky Road. Give about 1.5-1.75" of lift. The Automotive Customizers springs; from 4x4parts.com/nissan. Give 2" of lift. Then there is the subframe drop kits which can be done solo or combined with the spring lifts for added lift. When you do a subframe drop though. You then use a Jeep WJ adapter for rear springs. That can be found at: http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=2

As for struts and shocks. Struts up front available are the usual Monroe, Gabriel, OEM and KYB. KYB is what I'd say 90% of the users here are using. Rear shocks there are more options available. Just find the one you like best. Again, most just match the struts for KYB shocks. But I do hear the Bilstiens are very nice. Old Man Emu does make its own set of struts and shocks for the R50's. They are priced higher, but are supposed to be pretty good. Possibly made by Bilstien.

Cheapest route to lift, would probably be the AC springs ($380) and order up struts/shocks from Rock Auto. But shipping may play a factor. AC is located in South Florida. Rocky Road is out west, OME springs are $466.

Its also highly recommended to change strut mounts/bearings with OEM when doing them. That will run about another $80-100 or so. Courtesy Parts is good, also a member we have on this board can help you out. His name is: Alkorahil

He has a dedicated thread for parts.

This is all in the sticky's but just gave you the Readers Digest version.

Rebelord

Edit: Oh, and there is 4x4design.com which makes strut spacers and rear spring spacers for a extra 1" of lift. The rear spring spacers are for stock style springs only. Not for the WJ lifted ones.

Edited by Rebelord

Wow that's a lot of info, thanks. I actually saw those stickies, I wasn't really trying to ask for info here. As I mentioned, I know how it is to have to answer everyone's questions that are already stickied. So I'm not trying to waste everyone's time, just wanted to make an intro!

Like I said he's wanting to go cheap and asking about some spacers on ebay. I know that's not the best way to go but I'm trying to find more info to back me on telling him he needs to just get shocks and coils. I'm hoping if I wait around, I can find some used stuff on here to help lessen the barrier he sees in buying proper stuff. It seems there have been a few good deals here lately but nothing currently.

I really like the format of this site, but the stickies/pins require a bit more reading than I've had time to do. It seems that they're all started as regular threads (i.e. questions) and then stickied after good info is contributed by other members (i.e. answers), whereas the stickies where I'm from typically start out with the info you're looking for on the first page.

Does anyone here use NissTec? I searced for the name and nothing came up, their sister company ToyTec is pretty popular in the toyota world and I originally started out looking at their kits.

I hear you on the spacers. 4x4Design makes em and so does NX4. The way I see it, if your taking the time to remove your struts to put a spacer. Why not do it all at once? Plus spacers will only give a inch of lift. Yes its more. But add those plus some springs and now your at ~3". :happy:

NissTec? Hmm. I havent heard of them. However I am new to the Nissan world. LSx cars used to be my thing. Ahh, the power of a LS1/2/6/7 etc. nomz nomz..

• 3 weeks later...