Rip out carpet and spray in bedliner?

enkrypt3d

haha I've always wanted to do this... would it look ok? I would keep the seats and take out the carpet and cover the backs of the rear seats and floors in spray in bedliner... what you guys think? Am I crazY?

Edited by enkrypt3d

I've seen bedlined rigs, and IMO, the interior looks ugly. Don't get me wrong, I run with a bedlined Jeep YJ. It's great, just pull those drain plugs,
get a hose, and everything is clean. The only issue I've seen is that dirt seems to want to work its way into the top of the liner and take on a dirt color. Adding drain holes in the body for washing the interior out with soap may help? Not sure there, my friend just uses a hose to rinse, or gas station water hoses. Honestly, if you're gonna bedline it, I think you're at the point where you're not going to most awesome looking rig. You're going for a fun, purpose built ride, not a show car.

You'll also want to relocate a whole lot of wiring, or you'll end up permanently encasing it in bedliner. If you're going to remove the doors and mud bog it, go for it... not really worth it otherwise IMO. I've got some rubber floor mats that work great, I just shake them out now and then when they get full of dirt.